1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NorCal....School me. Alameda area.

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, Dec 8, 2018.

1. swetngblts

swetngblts Well-Known Member

Lived in the Bay, all over, for 40 years. Pleasanton is probably your best bet, somewhere close to the 580. Not sure how the schools are in Castro Valley but that'd be a second choice. Anywhere else within your commute time and budget limit and youll have about zero garage space, zero yard space and around 1000 sq ft living space.

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Dude, you are interviewing not breaking concrete, get your ass down there. :Poke::D

3. Valid. I’m sure I can break some concrete with my face tonight. Does that count?! :D

4. Thank you, that’s good advice. I’m going to look over there this weekend, most likely tomorrow.

5. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

You should just join the latest west coast housing trend. Buy an old RV and park it near the school you want for your kids.

Cousin Eddie the hook ups

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

How'd it go???

Phl218 and code3ryder like this.
  7. ChemGuy

Also, since is Norcal...you dont have to worry about the shitter getting full. Just leave the tank open and drin it on the street. No one cares...

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Think tents are popular lately :)

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Extremely positive. Just waiting to hear from them. I’m fucking tired. 11 people in 5 hours plus traveling. I’m in my hotel room looking over the Alameda bay right now.

10. ChemGuy

Just make sure to insist on a signing bonus...kinda like Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting.

11. Only if you’ll hug me and tell me it’s not my fault.

12. ChemGuy

I ain't Toe or Cannoli....so no...wait...you mean like a normal hug and not a secret uncle hug.

Sure bro...hug it out. And make sure your couch is comfy...I may want to come see the Raiders next season before vegas.

:D

13. :crackup: I sleep on my couch all the time. I just bought a new leather sectional. Come on down. Just gotta deal with 2 kids, 2 dogs, my better half and me.

14. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

The homeless situation and around there was bad when I was there.

15. I checked out quite a few areas. I love Alameda, it’s a place that time forgot. The Moraga/Lafayette Area is also pretty damn wonderful. Walnut Creek is ok, I dug some of the mid century modern homes there and would consider living there depending on my hours because of distance.

Overall I’m pretty happy with the trip and I’m hoping they do make an offer in the range we talked initially because I think this would be a really positive move for our family and my work life. We’ll see this week I hope.

Thank you all for your suggestions and insight.

16. swetngblts

Laf/Mor/Orinda and Walnut Creek are nice areas if you can swing the $

17. I found a couple of places in Moraga that were maxing out the budget. If they even make an offer and if it’s more than expected that’s probably where I’ll want to go long term.

18. swetngblts

Theres lots of money there and no riff raff. Close to everything as well. Excellent area.

19. ChemGuy

[​IMG]

So are you heading north and dodging human landmines?

Or did another job come up and your going to Seattle or some shit...:D

20. Well things took an interesting turn. I was recruited for one job. I went up there. I loved it. The following Tuesday I get a message from the director of the company asking if we could meet for lunch in LB near where I work/live right now. Had a 2 hour lunch meeting with him, they were afraid I would be extremely bored and not be utilizing my abilities. So the director stepped in and they are talking about creating a role/department for me so I can focus strictly on R&D and no production work at all.

He did that on the first day of their holiday vacation. That was the 19th of December. I think they might have went back to work today. Maybe. 3ish weeks paid time off. I’ll know more in the next 7 days, they said end of this week but I’m not holding my breath for that.

So long story short. I know nothing right now.

Phl218 likes this.