1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NorCal....School me. Alameda area.

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Poo Poo Pants III, Dec 8, 2018.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

He'd better be IFR certified or he's not flying a lot of days.

Well then Tracy/Mtn House or Discovery Bay would be easy and you could buy a house with a huge shop for the cost of a rental in Oakland.

3. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine moved to SF for law school and sends me Instagram pics of the homeless pissed and pooping in public. It's a shitty situation and a real problem.

4. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

SF itself is just disgusting. There are nice places for sure, but overall.....:oops: watch your step

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

a hobo in the Mission called my girl a scumbag. go to my mans n dems spot called Causwells and get the burger. you'll slap your wife how good it is. that's about it.

6. I used to watched homeless people in LA shit in front of my first shop. It’s a huge problem in both cities. SF is for sure worse than LA. Not sure if there’s a real fix there either.

7. ChemGuy

[​IMG]

Or

[​IMG]

8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure how the commute might be but I know someone with a 3 bedroom, 2 car garage rental in Redwood City that is within your budget and available. PM me if you take the job and might be interested.

9. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

You're cruising through Oakland, getting near some freeway overpasses, locking your doors at stoplights. You head through a tunnel, soon as you see the sunlight....birds chirping, butterflies are butterflying. Welcome to lovely Alameda.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

In San Jose there are trailer parks that cost ~$2000/ month

11. ChemGuy

Dan. I just remembered that really really good German restaurant in Alameda. You have to go there when you visit @Captain Poo Poo Pants III.

Mmmm saurbraten and schnitzel.....

12. Do you remember the name? I’ll go there for dinner tomorrow. I’m looking on yelp and there are a couple places.

13. ChemGuy

Speisekammer

It's been a while so I had to look it up. I used to go to OAK and stay by the airport. This was the dinner spot for those trips.

Enjoy

14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Of all the food to seek out in the east bay, that would be very very near the bottom for me. Jeezus man, go for some Eritrean food!

15. ChemGuy

Some people have no taste.
    Eritrean....do they even have cuisine? Didnt we have to ship Sally Struthers the Hut and ship loads of rice to them in the 80's? Due to civil war?

:D

And he lives in Socal now...so I'm sure he can get his fill of Mexican food. But its not every town that has a good german restaurant making delicious saurbraten mit rotkohl or Schnitzel Vom Schwein und Spatzle.

They also have some good, dark, German beers. A nice Warsteiner Dunkel or Paulaner Dopplebock....

Damn now I'm really hungry....

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I can appreciate dark lager (have a keg in the reefer), but the food I can do without. Even when well-prepared, it's not particularly appealing to me. I welcome you to think different.

Poo-Poo: hit up Le Cheval at 10th and Clay downtown if you like Vietnamese. Awesome joint.

17. Two things.

1. I’m burnt on Mexican. We eat it A LOT, roach coach at work has Incredible Mexican plus my wife loves Mexican food.

2. I don’t drink. Quit just over 7 years ago.

I’ll definitely be checking out the German spot and the Vietnamese place! Any more suggestions I’m all ears. Thanks guys.

18. FourThreeSix

FourThreeSix Well-Known Member

Head to Treasure Island tomorrow night if you're free. The Treasure Island TT will be taking place. It's outside and it's going to rain, but it's a stupid fun, hooligan event featuring minis ripping through a makeshift course and even a skateboard ramp is utilized. Action starts around 7.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1188765371273575/

Me a few years back:

[​IMG]

19. Any extra minis I can ride?! :crackup::D

That looks fun. I might go depending how exhausted I am after the day.