1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob question for a race weekend (RRR mid March)

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Phl218, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

getting closer to lose my racing virginity.

Trailer is prepped and set up. I know where to sleep, i will bring plenty of food (what i like and keeps me on a good energy level) plenty to drink and plenty to drink after 5pm.

the SV 650 is 98% ready regarding wiring, numbering etc. tech will expose the final details.

i plan on heading down thursday night, and do practice (yes, as PN, but Mongo approved it due to my track time in advance group) in case of doubt, i have no problem backing off. i'd just like to get more track time on the SV before entering in a race

so i looked at the schedule and i guess friday it's time to roll for whenever my class is up and "practice".

saturday i will participate in race school, do the mock race, and then the race in the classes i signed up for?

Sunday, there's the nationals, when / how do i qualify for these (considering being a PN on a SV650) what's the average qualifying laptime?

i'd need to know for parts of my pit crew and umbrella lady, masseuse and chef (well, to be honest, all the same person) if she shall show up saturday afternoon or if it's not worth it for just the rest of the day if i'm out on sunday anyway...

lemme tell ya, i'm already getting a heartbeat thinking of starts, getting passed (a lot) and such... :beer:

thanks!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No qualifying for the Nationals - however we will have to discuss running them as a PN once we see how you do Saturday. Wish I could give you more of a sure answer.

3. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

The two guys I'm bringing are wondering the same thing. Thanks for asking and answering this.

This will be a fun mock race to watch. I know two guys in it and I have seen the OP's progress into racing via this forum. Cool stuff.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

scary stuff you mean?

edit: do i have to take the red basket off my bike ^ ?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes on the racebike, no on the pitbike :D

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

but it's a ducati performance clutch basket ...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Won't hold much then.

8. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

super excited myself.... patienly waiting for my new racer package. whats included in it? patch, stickers ? i need 2 and have 0 ha

9. ped

ped Banned

I didn't know newbs aren't allowed in Friday practice. I really need a practice day. I have the track experience Tuna can vouch fer me.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  10. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

HAHAHA

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

NOBODY waits 'patiently' for a new racer package in the mail. We all wait by the mailbox for effing DAYS waiting for the mailman (or mailchick whichever would apply) to deliver it. Hell, some of us have taken days off from work just WAITING to get it (Not me, some other rubes). And when it finally arrives, it's like Christmas. Except with the devil as Santa Claus. Have fun!:D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's funny, Emily sends them out so I have no clue what's in it :D

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Phil, I'm not getting to race due to smashing my finger at work. I will help you out in any way I can, what is you bike number, type of bike and all that so I can find you. I should be there Friday morning.

14. slowzx6

slowzx6 Well-Known Member

What is this racer package you speak of? I dont remember getting this in the mail. I shall blame it on the girlfriend for now haha

15. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

got mine... had provisional license, 2 stickers, $15 for 1year of rrw, schedule and a coupon for 12 cans of pbr.

wish it had a patch. il just look for one after i lose the orange shirt

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Coupons for PBR? Gonna have to have a talk with the girls up front.... :eek:

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

orange shirt question:

i have a bright tight nylon one, which might be too tight over the leathers. and a larger dark cotton one with some VW-bus on it <-- will that one work too?

i will head to walmartz real quick to see if i find a better one...

what's the verdict on these?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Either will work.

19. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

so the shirt is not supplied with the school?

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

I will bring 3 orange shirts, in case someone needs one.