1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non- 1911 .45's

Discussion in 'General' started by cgordon3, Jan 6, 2013.

1. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Just looked over the Kimber 1911 collection.... that was a mistake....:eek:

Very nice, but wow 1200 dollars

2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I've shot many 1911's. They are fine pistols but not my go to pistol type. Had a ruger P90, it was an exellent camping/truck gun. Absolutely love my FNP45. It was between that and a glock 21 but I like hammer fired guns better and love FN.

3. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

I shot the M&P .45 and XD 9mm yesterday and I'm a much bigger fan of the M&P now. The trigger seemed smoother and more crisp, the grip and hand position was more ergonomic and suited my natural point of aim, and the weight distribution felt more even.

4. cgordon3

My brother has a P90, and I agree with you 100% about it.

5. cgordon3

Just got back from a local gun shop to inquire about the Ruger SR1911... sold out, and they laughed when I brought it up. Apparently they can't keep it stocked. Said they walk out the door same day they show up.

They did have about 6-7 Kimbers though...:D

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Thats because not every schlump knows enough to buy a Kimber. :D

7. cgordon3

Yeah... that's it...LOL

8. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Great looking guns but after shooting my buddies I'm not a fan. I've had at least 1-2 FTE every time I've shoot it

9. cgordon3

I had a friend of mine steer me away due to QC issues. Did a little research, and at least since 2008 the same issues look to be coming up with Kimbers.

10. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm getting kinda tired of that reaction. Of course they're sold out - everyone knows this. The reason people go in there is because they're "customers" looking to buy. You ain't got one? Make the sale anyway - put them on a list, do everything you can to earn that business. You don't freakin' laugh at a customer who's asking "please, take my money..."

I had similar experiences looking for information on a couple of items. Every single store, save one, did exactly the same thing...

BTW - I'd buy a Kimber if I were looking for a 1911. :D

11. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

Fixed it for ya.

12. cgordon3

Well... you like Hello Kitty too... :crackup::crackup::crackup:

13. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

14. Mblashfield

15. cgordon3

16. cgordon3

17. cgordon3

oh... and I'm not ready to buy one today or I would have pushed more, but I would like to actually see the gun before I decide to purchase.

I may end up over in your neck of the woods before too long if this search goes the way I think it will.

18. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

19. Mblashfield

The more expensive the gun, the more deader you get killed.

20. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member