1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOLA Endurance December 4, 2016

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Mongo, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that's why we don't run a series any longer :D

JBall and cajun636 like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool, we definitely want to get them out there!

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

But when done right, with the right team and people there is nothing more rewarding than winning when you are a part of a team.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed.

I truly believe the biggest issue is the same one hurting Vintage racing - riders do not have the slightest clue how to work on their bikes. Which means no experience to help them set it up for endurance stops and such.

It absolutely floors me that people take their bikes to a shop to get bodywork fitted and have it safety wired. Not Broome, he's just tetched, but normal people do it too all the time.

helicopter99, JBall and TLR67 like this.
  5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Totally agree.

That and the whole "I don't want to hurt my motor" thing.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which is funny too since yeah it's wear but unless you've gone stupid it won't do any damage.

7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Exactly, we ran a stock motor for 3 years without any issue.
    Actually after year 2 I was expecting to do a refresh but after John did a leakdown and compression check he called me and said "It's fine, don't touch it!"

V5 Racer likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We ran an FZ750 in a 24 hour once, didn't' even need the valves adjusted after.

9. kildagin

kildagin Well-Known Member

So, we are in for the three hour race with a middle weight. Considering doing the two hour as well on a ninja 250. Anyone see how to register for that on the stt site? The two hour and three hour are both listed under the same entry. That mean I get both for my $300?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No you will not get both :D

11. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

I think it means you pay $300 for the 2hr Ultra Lightweight and an additional $300 for the 3hr bigger bike race.

ColeX2 likes this.
  12. Gonzo523

Gonzo523 Active Member

This! A true sense of accomplishment as a unit. Feels good, man!

We were fortunate that The Idiots took us under their wings, and showed us every little trick in the book. They welcome the competition. It was still up to us to make it happen. Is it Dec yet?! lol

cajun636 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Endurance racing is still my favorite because of the team aspect and how much thought/planning/changing on the fly goes into it.

V5 Racer, Gonzo523 and t11ravis like this.
  14. Gonzo523

Gonzo523 Active Member

Well, crap....

Out of 8 prospects, only one could commit. but cost became a factor with only two riders. Anyone looking for a rider? I'd pay my way and promise not to throw your bike down the road :)

I have a little endurance experience on both little and big bikes. Can run as long as an 1hr and 20 minutes on a big bike and about two hours on a little 'ne. Anyone? No? Ugh...

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

16. Gonzo523

Gonzo523 Active Member

Good job, gentlemen. Considering the weather, 11 teams is a damn good showing. Extermely pissed that I missed out. I love NOLA in the rain.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    JBall, V5 Racer and GrayGhost like this.
  17. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

It was a fun event, thank you STT and WERA for putting this on. Hope to see more events like this in this future.

Light rain most of the race, but those last few laps, we would have been better off with canoes out there!

Gonzo523 likes this.
  18. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Conditions were TOUGH . We ended up starting a half a lap down due to a gas cap issue ( aka we didn't tighten it enough I believe) AND like an idiot I broke my right foot in practice which made my stint a little painful . Thanks to a little luck and a gas cap from a competing team ( how's that for WERA sportsmanship !) and a red flag we were able to pull out the win. Much thanks goes to Aaron Baird and Ben Kirby for putting in some super fast laps to cover up my mediocre ones. 40 min to an hour straight on the bike is hard work people !

codyjphoto and Gonzo523 like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anyone on the bike for the last 4-5 laps was just insane :D Props to everyone - with the majority of the grid being people who don't endurance race much you all kicked ass.

Gonzo523 likes this.