1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOLA 7/29-30/2017 Cancelled

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: July 26, 2017

Further Information: WERA (770) 720-501

NOLA WERA EVENT CANCELED!!

WERA Motorcycle Roadracing has canceled this (July 29/30) weekend’s event scheduled at NOLA in Louisianan. We apologize for the short notice on this cancellation but with no rider interest in this event it makes no sense to hold the event. The 3 riders who had pre-entered the event will receive a full refund. Anyone planning to attend this event we are sorry and hope you get this message and can change your plans accordingly.

WERA Motorcycle Roadracing was founded in 1973 and remains the foremost place to develop talent in the sport of motorcycle Roadracing. The legacy of Pro riders on a National and World level is legendary. All events are run by WERA Motorcycle Roadracing with a co-sanction by the AMA and they go coast to coast offering entry level racing with the WERA Sportsman Series as well as a Pro-Am Series with the WERA National Challenge Series, WERA Motorcycle Roadracing also offer Vintage Racing and limited Endurance Racing with Track Day Partners N2 and Sportbike Track Time..

For a 2017 Schedule and more information on WERA Motorcycle Roadracing please check out our web site at wera.com!

2. gofast353

gofast353 Well-Known Member

Well don't this just suck!!! As I sit in New Orleans with a loaded van, and racer flying in Friday night. Thanks a ton WERA.

3. Brad Perdiew

Brad Perdiew Active Member

Sorry buddy, I do know how much that stinks. Racing teaches us about so much.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

WOW, This explains why everyone I know in Texas all of a sudden had no plans this weekend.

Did nobody think to check pre-entries at any point before the friday track day was canceled? I know people who were loaded up and about to leave on a 12hr one way drive to race with WERA.

I humbly implore you to put something in place that catches events like this further out than 1 -1/2 days out.

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Why didn't the people you know pre register? That contributes to the decision big time... It sucks all the way around I know however as Sean mentioned when you don't even have enough people Pre Registered to cover your trip there which is only 1000 Miles round trip its a lost cause and a very bad business decision... Pre Register for future events... It helps everyone...

And you have a much shorter line to stand in on Race day too!

6. Trunxgp1224

Can't pre-register unless you have a WERA license, racing on a reciprocal license requires at track registration.

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Is that what Mongo said? Just curious...I am sure Ev, Sean, or Emily would have worked that out through a Fax....... I never register online... I just fax it in and go.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You just can't pre enter online without a license. Fax or mail you can.

We know this sucks, trust me. It was not a decision made lightly - I am sorry if you're already there, never considered someone would be there for a regional round on Wednesday prior.

The pre entry thing is merely an indicator of the total turnout, with only 3 there's no way we'd have more than 50 riders and that is way too few to pay the bills. This is absolutely NOT what we wanted to do. I had even already planned out where to have dinner Friday and Saturday....

9. Trunxgp1224

From the pre-entry page it says you have to have a current WERA membership to pre-register. If reciprocal license entry can still be accepted via fax or mail it may behoove WERA to explicitly state that and not only pre-entry but committed entries (those who don't back out over the hassle of canceling and losing some money) would most likely benefit WERA. There are plenty of CMRA and CCS people I know that race Atlanta, Barber and NOLA off the top of my head.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll get that fixed. Either way it wouldn't have affected this decision to have a few more pre entries. 15-20 more would have.