1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No wonder USPS is broke...

Discussion in 'General' started by Tdub, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Last Tuesday I mail a letter bound for Wisconsin from Ky Priority 2day. 1st stop is St. Louis...ok. Then it goes missing for 4 days, then today shows up in Pittsburg..wtf?? Now they are calling for a delivery to Wisconsin 12/17...8 days after it was mailed and that is IF there are no more detours.
    Maybe I should have just mailed 1st class for 40cents instead of spending $5 for 2 day priority...Jeesh.

2. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Had the same thing with a package to Cali this week. 9 days from Utah to Cali via Priority. No tracking until it was delivered. Its the Holidays, I give them a pass from Dec 1 until after Christmas. It's got to be brutal working there this time of year.

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Did you get a refund?

4. BaaadDucRonnie

BaaadDucRonnie Well-Known Member

Same thing here - I mailed a small package to NC from TX, via USPS Priority Mail, this past Monday, and no tracking info showed until Saturday morning indicating it was at the NC sort facility. This was an eBay sale so the buyer had started wondering if I was ripping him off.

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Even though it is billed as a "2day" delivery, it still is not guaranteed. Just have to deal with it I guess.

6. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

"I give them a pass from Dec 1 until after Christmas."

USPS sucks year-round.

7. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

November I had tickets sent to me next day UPS by a vendor from California, never arrived. They were delivered 14 days after they were sent, the day after I returned from the trade show.

UPS knew they had not delivered the package but do not give automatic credit :down:

I cancelled my UPS shipper account after they started retroactively adding 9 dollars to a tire shipment because it was not in a box (it was shrink wrapped) :down:

8. TrackStar

You got lucky, $18.50 is what they hit you with for "special handling" now.

9. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

We've received the same Christmas card (someone elses) twice now. The only parts correct are the state and street number! Added a note this time in case they don't understand why it is in our box again.

10. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Not just this time of year .... I mailed a box 4 months ago form Florida to NH , package went from Miami to Cali to North Carolina to Ga then NH :) .... that's why they are broke and ... oh and emails and tweets and FB and pay everything online so they don't mail much mail

11. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I just got a USPS package delivered today! Sunday? Really?

12. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw the USPS truck today (Sunday), no mail but was delivering packages. In the past 3 weeks, I have received at least 15 packages from USPS, all but one were on time. The one with an issue was during Thanksgiving with a subsitute carrier. UPS had a package in Dallas for 10 days. All said, it tis the season.

David

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yep…I saw 2 USPS home delivery vehicles today(Sunday)

14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

It's worse in St. Thomas. I got a Christmas present in May one year. Also, I ordered something from bass pro shops and got it 2 months after it was confirmed shipped from Ft. Lauderdale. When I mail something on St. Thomas it flys to Puerto Rico to get sorted and then comes back to St. Thomas. Also there is no mail delivery so its all p.o. boxes that have a waiting list! Once they sold my p.o. box to someone else after I had already paid the year for it! I had to talk them into giving me it back! The nice thing down there is everything is always closed on Sunday so you can chill out and enjoy what the day has to offer. :beer:

15. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Mail and minor items get sent USPS. If you actually want something to get there on time and/or in one piece, send it UPS or FedEx.

16. BC

BC Well-Known Member

My Carrier couldn't be any worse if she tried.

The property I'm at was vacant for 2+ years. The previous occupents moved 2 miles down the street, on the same route. I move in and start getting piles of their mail. I do the wrong addy on every envelope deal of about a month, and finally get tired of it and flag down the carrier.

She asks me for a business card and tapes it to the door on the mail box......I figure problem is solved. I still get at least 10pcs of mail for the previous occupants.

If I have a parcel or she needs a signature, she pulls in the gate, does a U-turn, stops and blows the horn. If I can't get out there she leaves and marks it undeliverable, or P/U at the post office.

I won't purchase anything from anyone who ships USPS, it's not worth it.

My FedX Guy and Especially my UPS guy make shit happen. :bow:

17. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Funny how everyone has such different experiences. We ordered some parts last week that were sent from FL on Wednesday via USPS, had them in our hands in UT by 1pm Friday. We actually haven't had any issues with any of the freight carriers recently...

Our surcharge on tires lately from UPS has been $6.35, for them not being in a box.

18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Some Fedex packages are delivered by USPS!

David

19. caferace

caferace No.

I'm desperately trying to feel bad for you in St. Thomas ...

It's not working.

-jim

20. TrackStar

Got whacked $18.50 on a front last week. I think its random.

Boxes are cheaper than surcharges, I was out of boxes.