1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No more “ busas “ from Suzuki

Discussion in 'General' started by ShadowBoxer, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

When I took the Hammer race school at Daytona a guy was there on a Hayabusa. He crashed in the first session. I saw him again at Daytona and Jennings, he said he went back and finished the school.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. adrenalist

adrenalist Well-Known Member

I’ve never ridden one of these because I always thought they were as ugly as they are heavy. You guys are making me question myself.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I owned a 99 Blue and Silver one. Was a really, really good motorcycle. One of my favorites, smooth, effortless power, good brakes and a decent chassis and pretty comfortable also. Did quite a few 350-450 mile days on it in the mountains.

BigBird, Steeltoe and Banditracer like this.
  4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

That was my favorite Model....

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I raced a CCS event at Daytona in 2000 and ran a 600 in their class equivalent to Wera F1. A guy was racing a Busa and comes blazing by on the banking probably 40 to 50 miles per hour faster. I catch up and pass him in the infield, and he comes back lap after lap. Each lap I caught him a bit earlier in the infield, and at the end of the race he didn't come by. Even though those things were not really built for it, I was always kind of proud to have beaten a Busa in a road race.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

I actually give more respect to the Busa person for even trying to race the equivalent of a van in a motorcycle race

JBall and fastfreddie like this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

When I get my Duc ST2 up and running, I'm seriously considering selling the FJR and buying a 1st Gen Busa. For some reason they look way better to me than they did 20 years ago. Worst that can happen is that I don't like it and sell it to someone else.

8. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

That`s why France is burning! :D

Phl218 likes this.
  9. No

10. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

A really fast "van"! Actually I have lots of respect for anyone riding something different like that. Not a lot of resources out there for tracking a Busa!

BigBird likes this.
  11. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

12. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

no more busas for the eu,then

that's a nice colour scheme and the big 'Hayabusa" logo looks awesome!
    68b10f72-9a6d-4100-85fd-316cf4311c95.jpg

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

ebscobusa99sm.jpg

JBall likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They ran it in 99 at Willow. Holes in the fairing were for lights, the numberplate covered the main headlight.