1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No more “ busas “ from Suzuki

Discussion in 'General' started by ShadowBoxer, Dec 11, 2018.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I’m really hoping that’s not the outfit he was wearing when he won that trophy :eek:

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Um Suzuki was pretty quiet about it actually. I remember a friend bringing his over to my house. I took it for a spin and was like... god damn! Kawasaki subsequently launched the zx12 in the Aug of 99 with a couple of pre production units given out to some special folks... Mr. Gadson most famously. Apparently Rickey ran the clutches out of 2 street racing it in NJ & Philly.
    Then later that year Kawi showed up with 3 semis at Gainesville to show the performance world what a 150mph 1/4 mile street bike looked like. :D
    Suzuki sure tried to top big K... who just kept making better hyper bore bikes.
    That was a good time in motorcycling!

3. TurboBlew

I dont know man... it wasnt til ~2005 did the GSXR actually had the performance to keep ahead of a Busa.
    The 01-04 1k gsxrs were...pigs. I cant tell you how many clutch fibers I went through from 2000-2006 drag racing.
    And by 2006... the Zx14 was released and revised years later.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

I was leaving a town in Southern germany on my 2001 RSV1000 (snorkel out, pin16 pulled, akra), at a pretty good pace. ‘T was on B28 which is the equivalent of a 4 lane highway with a median, when suddenly, at about 220-240 km/h a Busa Streetfighter pulls beside me (with passenger), looks over, drops a gear and wheelies away.

:whoosh:

Iconic bikes.

5. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

Was probably ghostrider

Edit: who actually was that guy and is he dead?

Phl218 likes this.
  6. On a B road? That's impressive.

(NB: Most B roads have a maximum speed limit of 100 km /h)

7. joec

joec brace yourself

I definitely remember those days. There were a couple from what I remember up at Louden one of those early years.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

You know it was..... His gloves are even vented....

motoracer1100 likes this.
  9. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Mine is an 07 Gsxr, at 160 he walked away like a hooker not getting paid....

TurboBlew and JBall like this.
  10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

He never came out and admitted it, but everyone basically figured it was a Swedish guy. Held some world records for wheelies and used to race I believe.

11. TurboBlew

Was it an 08 or later? The one nice thing about the Busa is the literal paint by numbers engine configurations. Also the plentiful bounty of turbo kits.

I owned 3 of the early models. Never had much interest in the 08+ ones even though it was a better bike.

12. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Vented ??? Those are fingerless ... I guess you might need the dexterity to pick up loose change as you are cartwheeling down the track at 160+ MPH :clap::D

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Was it the hayabusa that they "limited" after a bunch of crap from the press and gooberment? To get by the neutering you had say bippity boppity boo, wave your limited edition hairy potter wand over the bike and clip one wire or some shit?

14. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

it's supposed to be him
    gixxer link :moon::crackup:

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Patrik Furstenhoff is the name on Wiki, which would match up. Raced a bit, holds a bunch of world records for wheelies and stunts etc. How many people stole that username over the years I wonder?

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ebsco raced one in a 24 Hour with us, I have the upper and numberplate from it. Rad Greaves also raced on in the US with us and I think AMA Pro.

17. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I believe that was the Kawasaki.

18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Literally some of the fastest guys I know are on or did ride Busa's for street bikes. They could make those things dance in the canyon's in ways my just starting to ride eye's couldn't believe.

Kev59 likes this.
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

yeah, but when you know the area and where the "blitzer" are... i think that section was actually open for a stretch.

i used to ride from BB to KN in 55min over the A81 :D

20. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

I didn't know that, bad ass!