1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No more “ busas “ from Suzuki

Discussion in 'General' started by ShadowBoxer, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Throw some soft bags and a tank bag on one makes a great sport tourer.

stk0308, TLR67 and CR750 like this.
  2. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

My friend had one and he was surprised how my gixcer 1k will leave him up to about 160. We are both the same weight but as you know the gixxer is alot lighter. One thing i will say when we swap bikes I think that I'm doing about 90 and I look at the dash and it says 140. Yes i did do some squid shit but it was on empty back road where you could see for miles.

It is a very ugly iconic bike....

3. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

That's what I had. Really pissed me off when Honda did that $2K price drop on them because they weren't selling.

:mad:

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

what's a new rider going to ride now? :Poke:

MachineR1, TurboBlew, TLR67 and 3 others like this.
  5. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

If you had one , I’m sure there would be picture of you riding it somewhere in the odd picture thread . If your lucky, maybe a few memes on Instagram.

red2002 likes this.
  6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You’ve got the opposite problem to me. When I had my old CBR600 told me it looked like I was riding a mini bike.

I reread it. It says they renewed the trademark. Making another one doesn’t make any sense. No one is buying even the super sport 1000s, let alone this type of bike. It neatly fit the whole late 90s / early 00s culture of extreme excess. Those days are gone forever. The H2 and similar models only get made because they’re targeted at the extreme luxury / money segment. There’s always a place for that. A hyper bike for the masses? Not going to happen again. Superbikes for the masses don’t even sell. Honda doesn’t ever update the CBR1000 other than BNG.

Future of the market is in affordable urban mobility solutions. See: KTM Duke

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Something else they lack the skill for that costs too much and they’ll wreck 10 minutes after it’s off the lot. :D I haven’t worked or even been in a dealership in years, that still the new buyer MO?

8. Umm, what? My 2008 E92 M3 (with the NA V8 motor) meets Euro4 specs. Euro4 has been around since 2005. BMW put the M4 motor into the M2 because they could (it fits), not because they had to.

9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I miss my 2002 a lot. Sold it to a buddy with first right of refusal and some assclown stole it out of his back yard about 3 months later.

10. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

My bad, I thought this was the other article I just read about this. That article talked about them working on the next gen due in a couple years. Also, my buddy who has been riding Busa's forever and is a Suzuki sales guy said he's waiting for the new gen to get a new bike.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

How Emissions Regulations Forced BMW to Give the M2 Competition 40 More Horsepower :Poke:
    https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a19863380/bmw-m2-competition-s55-emissions/

Edit: WLTP emission reglations not Euro4 forced BMW to use the m3/4 motor. It was not because they wanted to.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

One of most comfortable and capable performance bikes ever built.

turner38 and sharkattack like this.
  13. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Strange but true fact: Yoshimura actually raced the Hayabusa in the Suzuka 8-Hours...against full-factory Superbikes!

Phl218 likes this.
  14. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Funny you say that. My first time riding his Busa, I asked my buddy what to expect. He said be ready to have my arms ripped off! He said it'd be OK since I'll be comfortable while it's happening!

Steeltoe likes this.
  15. Right. Euro 4 is an emissions STANDARD. WLTP is an emissions TEST. One of the big changes is that the test is now done at cold start. The previous test was done after a short motor warm-up.

FYI, Euro 4 is old. We are already up to Euro 6.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sure did

[​IMG]

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and Red Greaves raced one here in the US in Formula Extreme.

stk0308, superdino and JBall like this.
  18. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

Brings back memories. I’ve used my name tag since Being a squid in 99. I had one of the 1st ones in copper. Before they were a dime a dozen. Pulled up to the hang outs that summer and people gathered around it. Good old days. Speedo said 220, after 2000 it said 180.

19. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I'll bet your 1000 wouldn't hang with it after 160 though. I got to ride one in the perfect venue for it, which was a mile land speed run at the Maxton airport in North Carolina. A Busa with a pipe and power commander was good for 192 plus (speed in the mile from a standing start). In the orientation they coached you to not sit up after a run because the wind could pull you off the back of the bike. I rode the same bike later on with a Lee Shierts built motor, and it was good for 198.2. Good times.

ineedanap and Steeltoe like this.
  20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

superdino and Steeltoe like this.