1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No JH4 thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dragginass, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  2. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Josh is the real deal. Like most of us that have a family and have some years under them, his mind says race but after days of chasing his little guy around and being a good Dad, his body says no. Of course we are talking about racing at a high level and he could still turn 100 laps and hardly sweat.

Dragginass likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I didn't have time to watch the whole video, but I think he thought in the absence of the Graves team, he'd be able to sneak in and whoop up on those youngsters. That has not proven to be the case.

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I didn't get that at all.

5. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I don`t know Josh personally, but he always comes across as humble.

I have never seen him be anything but a class act. Can`t see him ever being a cherry picker.

I think he always wants to challenge himself.

ducnut and sheepofblue like this.
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Man that hits home. I appreciate the interview as a whole, but especially the portion about your brain getting tired and not being able to keep up.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahem, he is JH1 damnit. Herrin is 2 :D

Josh is a smart dude, always has been. Had a feeling all the sideshow stuff was affecting him and not surprised in the least he recognized that is the problem. Luckily he is a lifetime license holder so he can come race whenever he feels the urge :D

vfrket, TurboBlew, Dragginass and 2 others like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He has 3 kids?

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

No, just one.

10. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

@Dragginass said he has 3 kids. And as for the other comments made, Josh was never trying to be a cherrypicker and beat up on the young kids. He saw an opportunity to take over the all time AMA Pro wins record and promote his wife's team. He is definitely a class act. :cool:

Gorilla George and Dragginass like this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Cherrypicker isn't the right word. But I don't believe he's been as competitive as he thought he'd be.

12. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

He’s also mentioned he won’t charge for his coaching services with people he is racing against. Considering how many are in Supersport, and how tight money is, and how he needs to look after his family, no doubt that played a role.

The guy is awesome though. Glad I got to catch him on his last podiums at VIR.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I nodded my head through most of that video. Can definitely relate on a smaller scale.

wsmc42 and G 97 like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, pretty normal for faster riders as the real world interferes with their racing world.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Josh Hayes...Champion...family man. One of the nicest, aware and humble racers ever. Him and his wife were always the ultimate paddock people helping either with advice or hands on type of assistance. All the luck to him and Melissa. Good luck to Bobby Fong also.

ts199, Gorilla George, cav115 and 3 others like this.
  16. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

RESPECT!

ducnut, Dragginass and TX Joose like this.
  17. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

+1

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep. A good dude.

19. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Glad he was able to show us what he could do on 2 wheels!

20. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Still think Yamaha screwed the champ, then gave him some bullshit job in an attempt to let him down easy for the youngsters to come aboard. Just my opinion