1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NJMP Memorial Day Weekend Schedule

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave_SV, Apr 10, 2017.

1. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

Gate fees around $20-25 for the weekend?
    Kids under a certain age free?

Got some friends that want to come and watch, but they got 4 kids under 12.

2. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Their website makes it look like it is $25 for adults and free for under 12. The Blue Angel air show is a sweet perq in my view.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Kinda depends on whether or not they plan on attending the track all day long? If so, and for the convenience, I'd recommend checking if any of their rooms trackside are available but if they're not wanting to spend the whole day, then something with a pool and/or hot tub might be more accommodating for the Mrs and kiddo's.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What are some decent hotels around there? I know we have some officials looking - although the trackside stuff would work great for them.

5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

NJMP has a pool which coincidentally is opening that weekend :flag:

XFBO likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I keep forgetting the north doesn't open for summer until Memorial Day :D

XFBO likes this.
  7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The Fairfield Inn and Suites generally get good reviews.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool thanks. I'll pass it on.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Next question - is there a cheap way to get there from the South with an RV towing a Jeep? :D

10. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

I can recommend NOT staying at Quality Inn in Millville. I CAN recommend sneaking in to their free breakfast buffet though. Or just stay at Fairfield Inn and be done with it.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Breakfast stuff is a moot point for the officials, we're all long gone and at the track by the time any of them have food ready.

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If by south you guys are based out of the Atlanta area(???), looks like these routes might avoid most of the toll roads coming up, until you hit I495 anyhow. I85N>29N>I66E>I495N>I95N

BTW- according to Googles, it was only 30m longer than taking I85/95 all the way up. That US29 isn't as bad as one might think, used to go that way heading to VIR all the time.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably going to go to Knoxville and up 81 to 66 then over to the hell that is DC and up 95. 81 through VA is long and kind of sucky but better than 85 to 29 to 95. Less city traffic. Wish I could avoid the whole DC area and tolls through Jersey but oh well.

14. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

If you come up 95 from DC you're going to pay I think it's 4 tolls, maybe 5....expect to spend about $50 or so

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oy vey. Might be cheaper to fly... Hate to put the pups in jail tho.

16. Monsterdood

Put the address into Waze and click the avoid tolls button and see how much time it adds. I hate tolls but at least they give me an EZ Pass so it just gets paid by the credit card automatically and I don't have to add up the expense. Come to think of it, sort of like racing. It's better if you don't add it all up.

5axis and BigBird like this.
  17. Monsterdood

Oh also, the NJMP reservation web site doesn't take the credit card number any more for some reason and they emailed me back today saying to call and put the deposit down via phone. As mentioned, they do have a pool you can pay 5 or 10 bucks to use, but I bet it is a chilly to start the season.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The only problem with routing around tolls is I'll be in the RV so I've got issues with some tiny roads - and I can't back it up more than a foot or two with the Jeep on it. I'll just wind up paying them and bitching a lot :D

19. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I have the best dog sitter that stays at our house that I found through Rover.com. Want me to email you the link?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure. Hate letting people in the house but might hate it less than I hate jailing them :D

BigBird likes this.