1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NJ Carry Regulations remain the law

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ton, May 7, 2014.

1. ton

ton Arf!

2. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Cowards

3. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

When we transitioned from a democracy to an oligarchy, the Supreme Court went up for sale like cheap china at a yard sale. It is pretty obvious that they now serve the political interests of their corporate masters, not the interest of a free citizenry.

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It's amusing, in some ways, but still troubling to see our highest courts and leaders continuing to dance around the problem of why people wish to be armed at all times. Criminals will be armed regardless of the law stating otherwise. and they do not always cause trouble for an individual at home. Why is it so difficult for people to understand that?

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Because the types of people that believe in gun control are the types that believe in this impossible utopia where there are absolutely no g,uns for anyone, legal or criminal, and therefore, no violence. They do it with everything - social programs, education, finances, etc. They're completely detached from the realities of life.

6. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

I read a great line by the editor of Recoil Magazine (one of the few I read.) He said to the effect, if you think gun registration will have any impact on crime try this; write down the make, model and serial number of your favorite AR and then mail it to a friend across town. Then ask that friend to use the information to prevent you from committing a crime with that gun.

7. ton

ton Arf!

Wait, so you want the Federal government controlling state regulation?

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The Editor of Recoil Magazine should shut up. Registering of guns is not designed to prevent crime. Rather, it is designed to create a chain of accountability when a stolen, borrowed, or illegally sold weapon is used in a crime.

I dont support registration or any new gun laws but "experts" like Recoil boy saying stupid shit does not help me as a gun owner one bit.

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

this is about the Constitution.

10. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

They aim to turn everyone into criminals when it comes to guns, then they can justify confiscation.

11. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Depends how you define "control" I guess. Do I want the Fed to slap states on the pee-pee for not following the U.S. Constitution? Certainly. I wouldn't call it control, but some clearly defined guidance would be nice.

I get the feeling the SCOTUS is waiting for just the right case and then they will visit the matter. Maybe this latest one wasn't it, for whatever reason.

12. flamed03r1

flamed03r1 Well-Known Member

You can repeat this all you want; it's still not going to make it true and it's a very short sighted view. :rolleyes:

13. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Yeah, that's what it's for. Accountability. Keep telling yourself that. Recoil boy also is a British ex pat who lived through the registration and subsequent confiscation of all his firearms by his own government.

By the way your second paragraph contradicts your first.

14. Fonda Dix

I am fully aware that registration would be used for confiscation, that is why I wont ever support it. However, the editor makes an empty point. Registration has never been sold as a way of "preventing you from committing a crime", to quote the post. It has been sold as I described, as a way to track weapons and provide additional accountability on gun owners. He makes a point that does not actually address the risk or benefit the argument in any way.

He should focus his soundbites on the real risk of registration to the 2nd amendment, not his made up one. Inaccurate arguments from someone who is considered an authority don't benefit the cause.

15. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

You are delusional. Do you recall that nice letter the CT State Police had drafted concerning the destruction or confiscation of assault weapons held by people who missed the registration deadline?

http://www.rightwingnews.com/uncategorized/confirmed-gun-confiscation-has-begun-in-connecticut/

16. Fonda Dix

You are arguing a point I already agreed upon. I dont see much point in me just typing the same thing again but I appreciate you engaging in conversation. :up:

17. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

What do you believe the motivation was behind the registration efforts given the recent events at Sandy Hook? This is the perfect example. A registration effort driven by a public safety concern that ultimately led to shades of confiscation until people got called on the carpet. Forget it, you really are too simple to have a complex discussion with sans black and white points.

18. Fonda Dix

Your biting condescension gives me a sad and makes me reconsider my value as a human being. ;) Have a great weekend Dutch.

19. charles

charles The Transporter

I think you two guys should have a shootout, drawing from the hip like Wyatt would.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

A windmilling slap fight would be more entertaining.