1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nissan pathfinder owners/mechanics

Discussion in 'General' started by Chad & Robyn, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Chad & Robyn

Chad & Robyn Well-Known Member

Looking at getting a 2013 pathfinder. I know they changed the motor and transmission on the 2013 from the 2012. Just want to know about the durability of the 2013 CVT transmission.

All the research I've done, does not favor the CVT transmission.

Thoughts please. Thanks you.

2. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel better , the wifes car is a Subaru Outback wiht the CVT transmission -we have put 43k miles on it and have not had an issue atall with it.Just this past weekend we went to Asheville and adverages 31 mpg running between 70 and 80. Our 2009 Outback rarely if ever got above 24 mpg. Im a fan thus far of the CVT

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

3rd nissan and no issues yet (knock on wood). I'm also looking at a new Pathfinder and curious about towing with a CVT

4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My gals jeep has a cvt.

Its going on 100K miles here in a few months.

No problems thus far.

5. SmokeDog34

SmokeDog34 Well-Known Member

CVT are solid , I would be a little more concerned about the first year production run . I know some are being held right now for A/C problems at the plant . As much as I would love to see everyone in a tennessee built nissan . I might want to wait untill the second year . Or get the extended warranty . Thank you for your support !

6. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

I'm bummed about the redesign. I have an 08 with the 5.6l and love it. Im due for a new one next year and the 2013 ain't gonna cut it.

7. Chad & Robyn

Chad & Robyn Well-Known Member

:cool:Thanks guys, I appreciate all the info. :up:

8. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Get the Armada baller :eek: