1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nissan 370Z........Anyone?

Discussion in 'Other' started by xrated, Aug 20, 2020.

1. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

So I retired at the end of April this year and I'm going to sell my 2008 Civic "work car". I've been thinking about a Nissan 370Z used, maybe 7 to 8 years old. If I sell the Civic, my other vehicle is a CrewCab Dually F350 that I pretty much use mostly for towing our Toy Hauler. So the Z would be.....used probably less than 4-5K miles a year. A few questions for any of you that have one or have had one in the past.

1. Reliability?
    2. Cost to maintain?
    3. Insurance for an "old driver" and a clean record (I'm 65 right now)
    4. Any known issues for certain model years of the 7/8/9 year old range cars, something that would be a for sure not to buy that year?
    5. Comfortable for a once or twice a year 500 to 600 mile trip?

Thanks for any input that you might have.

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

How much for the Civic daily car

3. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Tim.........PM sent

4. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

So.....No One has any experience or previous or current ownership of a 370Z? That's surprising for sure

5. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I haven't personally but I have a couple friends and neighbor that has or have had one. I can ask those questions and report back

6. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

That would be awesome....I would certainly appreciate you getting their input. Probably my two biggest concerns are: 1. reliability 2. Insurance cost. I know insurance cost is all over the scale and so many factors to affect it, but I'm 65 years old, clean driving record, somewhat of a lower risk part of the country (E. TN) and the car would be classified for "leisure" usage....

7. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I don’t know if they sorted it out for the 370 but the 350 is the single most exhausting vehicle I’ve ever driven. Poor visibility, twitchy and not very much fun. This was from driving a friend’s for about 8hrs on a road trip.

8. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

Insurance seems like such a crap shoot these days. I retired to a very rural area of northeast Georgia (county pop. of about 5500) from a small town in central GA (pop. of about 45,000), and my insurance increased by $130/ month. Full coverage for my ZX10 and ZX14 cost more than my 09 Corvette. In the end, you can't take anything with you, so you might as well enjoy what you can, while you can.

9. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I had a 2015 for a bit as my cousin was deployed and I drove it around for him. They're fun cars, especially the 6mt variant. If you're single, no kids and pack light, it's a great car. I'm an ogre at 6'4 so it sucked for me. The VQ is a proven engine, I have the Q50S now and enjoy it.

Pros:
    Quick
    Sleek
    Rev-Match 6MT is fun
    Great aftermarket supply

Cons:
    Small
    Visibility is poor
    Terrible blindspots
    I can swear the cabin filters suck on these cars. AC always smelled like ass.

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

11. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Well, it's a done deal....brought one home today. Local seller, low mileage for a 2012 and Gunmetal Gray with a 6MT. Pricing was the best I found for that model year and similar equipment. Clean Carfax....and exceptionally clean care. So, here it is.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

Nice looking buggy, congrats!!

13. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Thank you sir.....I'm pretty proud of it.........so far!