1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja 300 fairing stay bracket

Discussion in 'Tech' started by CleverRiver6, Mar 17, 2016.

1. CleverRiver6

CleverRiver6 Well-Known Member

Anyone see or know of where I can get a race one for the ninja 300? I have found a few for the 250r, but I don't think they are interchangeable with the 300's

2. Pilotx1

Pilotx1 Well-Known Member

Im currently working on making them, still need to test it out. I havent been able to find them available anywhere otherwise

CleverRiver6 likes this.
  3. Pilotx1

mine also has mounting to use the non electronic gsxr steering dampers

4. Pilotx1

ill get a pic of the current prototype posted tonight

CleverRiver6 likes this.
  5. Pilotx1

6. CleverRiver6

Looks solid. I am guessing you wont have the gauge cluster up there anymore either? I'll be interested to see what it looks like with the fairings on.

7. Pilotx1

Theres 3 pics, the one with the bodywork has the gauge cluster mounting in it using my stay, I'm using the stock dash panel atm, but am thinking about just putting tabs on the stay for the cluster the bodywork was just set on there to check general alignment with mounting holes n such, the dash panel was tossed on to interface with additional mounts on the bike and cross check alignment.

would you rather use the dash panel or have tabs for the cluster?

my stay is made of steel and with regards to weight, the stocker is 3+lbs based on my bathroom scale, and mine is sub 1lb

i just looked at the album, i dont know why they uploaded out of order like that, but it should have been stock, mine, mine w body

8. CleverRiver6

I think personally I would prefer to ditch all the plastic. So just tabs to mount the gauge cluster would be fine. Unless there is some reason to keep all the plastics? I don't think they are important when it comes to mounting the fairings

9. Pilotx1

only thing I can see with the dash panel is it fills the opening in the bodywork beneath the windscreen. not sure if its important to keep the air out of there or not. the fairings definietly mount up fine without it

10. CleverRiver6

maybe trim the plastics so ditch side tank fairings (skinny black ones) and trim the cluster plastics so that gets cleaned up nicely

11. Pilotx1