1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja 300 build info

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I don't know much about these little bikes as my experience is limited to the 600 class. Understand the 400's have come along as the new hotness but I just picked up this little 300 for Mini GP and possibly a one off E class race or whatnot. The price was right, so it's in my garage and I'm riding it. Did some research and have some basic questions to get me started...

- It's the ABS version. From what I can tell, I have to get a longer rear brake line if I get rear sets. Does that mean I can just get a longer rear line, a normal front brake line, and bypass the ABS stuff altogether? Obviously the ABS light will be on the dash but whatever.

- Is there an accepted 'go to' gearing for these for a 200lb fatty like me? Just looking for a generalized gear choice that will be a good starting point. I do not intend on buying any extra sprockets to start off with. Simple is the name of the game for now.

- What size chain does everyone go with? Do you keep the stock 520 or get that bicycle sized stuff?

- I don't want to deal with tire warmers yet. What's the go to sizes and brands people are using (non slicks) on these little bikes?

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Just do 520 unless you want to throw chains

Wheel Bearing and regularguy like this.
  3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I liked the Supercorsa TD for non-warmer tires.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I liked Q3s but that was above 50 degree temps.
    I also raised the front on mine to keep from diving thru the travel. Also moved the bars out for better reach.
    I would make sure the rear wheel and chain are aligned properly. Mine was adjusted to the hash marks and they were off abit. Lubing the chain well will allow some "free" hp and a free wheeling.
    Im 215 in leathers.

5. APO2112

APO2112 Well-Known Member

Supercorsa TDs are plenty of tire, don't bother with a street compound. The extra grip is well worth it.

Gearing I use is 14/45 (520) and 17/54 (415) when combined with a 140/70 profile. I've used the same 415 chain all year, did 2 race days and 3 full track days. Bike is making over 42hp and has been carrying around my 240+lb butt all season.

Replace the shock with something like Ohlins or KTech. Stock isn't going to cut it, full stop.

Racetech springs, Emulators and 20w oil in the forks are plenty for going fast.

R6 throttle tube is a nice mod and isn't going to cost $40.

Stock MC is all you need. RJL pads work very well.

Get rearsets that go as high as possible, or you will drag peg eventually.

Cheers!

[​IMG]

Wheel Bearing and tawzx12r like this.