1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ninja 250R damper rod modification for RT emulators

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sharky nrk, Sep 19, 2014.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Ok so I need some guidance from the beeb.......

08-12 Ninja 250, proper springs in the forks with emulators, modified per RT directions to the T. Local suspension tuners (more than one, well respected) have informed me that the RT directions are crap for the ninjette.

What I have been told is you want no more than 4 holes drilled, not the 6, and they should be of different size, and position to the instructions.

What I haven't been able to nail down is, what size the 4 holes should be, and where they should be on the damper rods from them.....

What is the experience of the folks on here? Any insight?

2. sharky nrk

I understand why this can be an issue on SV forks, do 250r forks have the same lower seal issue?

3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Why not ask the local suspension tuners that were nice enough to share the info with you initially?

4. sharky nrk

Because I did ask. And they didn't share that part of the information. Not sure why, even when I offered to "purchase" the information. I mean they get my business anyways, for my suspension work. We are not talking about a random joe type deal, but rather someone that has spent some decent money with them.

It doesn't matter now anyways. I found another suspension tuner that was willing to help me and via the discussion confirmed the information I needed. Same type of issue as the SV rods, keep your drilled compression holes lower than 2 inches from the bottom of the rod.