1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Niceraxx review

Discussion in 'General' started by Harp, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

I recently purchased three niceraxx motorcycle stand racks for my motorcycle transport trailer. This is my review...

I had been looking for a good way to get my three stands off the floor of my trailer and when "mowershop" posted up about Niceraxx in the Parts for Sale forum, I decided to give them a try. I sent him a PM to get some clarification on the pricing and whether or not their racks would work with all of my stands -- pitbull rear stand, pitbull under-fork front stand, and pitbull new-front steering-stem stand. I was assured they would work, so I ordered three Niceraxx for a total cost of around $120.

The racks arrived via UPS about a week after purchase. I finally got around to installing them this weekend.

The parts seem to be of high quality -- look good and are sturdy. The installation directions were well written, but the printed pictures could have been a little more clear. Some of the pictures were printed side-ways which through me off for a few minutes. Mounting screws are not included because they don't know what you are going to mount to. So, I dug around in my shop until I came up with some screws that would work. Four screws for each rack is all it takes. I had the first one installed in about 10 minutes...the 2nd and 3rd were even quicker. I mounted the racks upside down so that the legs of the stands would be at the top to give me room to move my bike in and out of the trailer.

Now for the more difficult part...using them. I'm sure I'll get better at it, but it wasn't easy mounting the stand in the rack. The stands aren't exactly light, so trying to hold the stand up in the air with one hand while manipulating the Niceraxx isn't easy. Once mounted, the stands are held very securely.

Now for the second nitpick/problem...mounting the steering-stem stand. I tried mounting the rack both up-side up and up-side down for this stand. Neither allowed me to put the stand in a position where I could keep it from flopping around. I finally decided to mount the Niceraxx up-side up and use a bungie cord to secure the stand to itself. Those of you that have this kind of front stand may know what I'm talking about.

Ranking 1-5 (5 being best)

Quality - 4 or 5
    Easy of Use - 2
    Functionality - 4 (would be 5 if it wasn't for the issues I had with the steering-stem stand)
    Value - 3 (not a bad value, but not cheap either)

[​IMG]

2. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

:up: Harp,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. I was considering these for my new trailer and I had the same question in my mind, "would it work with my pit bull new front?".

Nice pic and nice trailer too.

Thanks again.

Jim

3. redducman996

redducman996 must go faster

Nick from niceraxx was at nelsons this weekend and i purchaced two of them for my trailer as well. it's really a great idea... now you don't have to pile them in a corner their uot of the way... and there reasonable priced as well

well done to Nick and his partner:up:

4. mowershop

mowershop Well-Known Member

Niceraxx

After a year or so of using Niceraxx I can tell you it will get easier to put in and out .The best way I have found to put the stands in when they are mounted upside down is .....put the red grip in your armpit and grab the side of the stand with the same hand grab the drawbar and pull it out all the way (the speed nut should still be on the rod) slide the legs under/behind the draw bar with the speed nut still on the rod end and the legs of the stand held in place with the drawbar you can let go of everthing,now lift the stand into the j-bracket with one hand and slide the draw bar tight to the stand with your other hand you are now holding the stand in place with the draw bar you can let go of the stand to spin the speed nut tight with yor other hand. this process should take les than 20 seconds. hope this helps and thanks for posting a review. anyone with questions feel free to call me @330-723-6693 Ken
    The new front stand is a hard one to mount upside down.When mounted the normal way putting it in and out you just spin the speed nut loose enough to pull the clip and pin now you can take it off the wall very easy

5. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Nice Raxx

I have the raxx mounted in my trailer. I use Pit Bull rear & New front stands with them, both mounted upside down. The front stand was a little awkward the first couple times.

It's pretty easy once you get the "hang" of it. ;)

These things are worth their price to have them off the floor, secured and out-of-the-way. :up:

6. mowershop

nelson ledges

looking for responses from the racers I spoke to at nelson Ken

7. mowershop

niceraxx

ttt

8. mowershop

Look for Jeff Agnes in the pits at the gnf to see a NICEAXX display

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I like mine. Just realized though I should have mounted it upside down like the above pics. :D

10. darkside

darkside Well-Known Member

I have mounted all 4 of mine upside down like the picture above and it's nice I don't bump my head or hit my chest when I'm moving bikes in and out...really like them now that I have gotting the hang of putting the stands in the raxx.

11. mowershop

Thanks to all at barber.Look forward to get input from people who saw niceraxx at the GNF

12. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Are they for sale somewhere at the GNF? I'd like to pick some up if they are there.

-Steve

13. mowershop

look for jeff agnes

14. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

I have them and we're pitted right behind Vesrah :up:
    [​IMG]

15. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Cool, I'll wander over during quiet hours tomorrow.

-Steve

16. mowershop

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Enough bumping.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Just mounted four of these things. Very EZ installation. Work very well. Have Pit Bulls. Upside down. :beer: