1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Next time, I will go faster before crashing...

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA74, Apr 19, 2004.

1. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

... as the damage will be less severe. I have crashed at over 100mph and walked away without a scratch.

I turned in too early going into the corkscrew and slowed it down to correct whil going off the track in an effort to get out of the race line. I slowed to about walking speed when tipped her over in the gravel trap. The result? A compound fracture of my collarbone. What shit!

Kudos to all those that helped me at the track, including Mike Smith and Dave Sadowski for the advisement. A very special thanks to Emily Dober for taking me to the ER, doting over me, and taking extraordinary measures to make sure I was comfortable. It will be a very lucky man who catches her.

Evelyn Clarke, you are a wonderful person. I am so very thankful for being a part of the WERA organisation. :beer:

2. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Sory to hear that Big C... Heal up quick.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I hate that shit! I lost the back last year in T3 I belive, bike slid off the track, and into that F@#king crap.
    $800 in damage.Lucky I stopped sliding before I hit it.
    Heal fast man!

4. IYFphoto

IYFphoto Ripper of fish lips

Heal up...broken collarbones suck. That was a mean looking break:eek:

Milk...it does a body good!

5. WERA74

Unless your lactose intolerant... like me.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Huey told me he has a recipe for some mean Vicaritas:beer:

7. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Sorry to hear that you suffered a bad injury at walking pace........... :( Wish you a speedy recovery! :beer:

8. PelvicBone

PelvicBone Member

Hey Caesar,

Sorry to hear about your "mishap"!! Hope you heal quickly and feel better soon! I can confirm your comment about Emily - she is caring, helpful and has made life easier for me in the past as well. (not too mention that she has one damn hot body!!) :clap:

9. lovemyr6

lovemyr6 Well-Known Member

OMG! :confused:

I'm gonna get sponsored by lasik and get them to give you a discount. (oh no, wait! Then you'll be able to see the track better and might beat me :D ) When was the last time you had your eyes checked?

Darrin- I need to order a bigger helmet please.

Your wives must keep you all locked in the closet. Thanks and everything but what the heck? I'm going to be tube sock age soon and gonna have to quit racing when things other than my fairings and knees are scraping the racetrack. ;)

Thanks tho- PM me and I'll give you the numbers to the nearest Leanscrafters :D

10. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

hated to hear about your misfortune there Ceaser. I walked by your pits, saw you in the clavical brace, leaned back, eyes shut, mouth open and snoring. Thought about stopping in and telling you the above in person, but figured you were hurting, on meds and needed the sleep. Heal up quick, and hope to see ya soon.

11. CRA Flagger

CRA Flagger Member

I think Ceasar is underestimating his speed. He was still moving pretty good, trying to save it in the pea gravel, when the front wheel plowed left and drove him into the gravel on his right shoulder.
    Compound fracture??? See --- you should have taken the pain killers! Now you know why we were reluctant to help you try to straighten it out. We didn't want to tell you, Ceasar, but the bone looked way too close to the surface to be messing around with it.
    Glad you got it taken care of. Hope to see you at the track one day soon, just don't stop to visit in my corner during racing!:Poke:

BTW - Even with a broken collar bone, he helped me push the bike out of the gravel. That's one tough guy.:beer:

12. WERA74

I have this thing about being aenesthetized and out of control of my wits, so much so that I'd rather be in pain.

Yeah, that was some powerful stuff they shot me up with. Sorry I missed you Todd. But you should have taken a picture and blackmailed me later...:D

Thanks for all your support. The WERA family is truly awesome.:beer:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  13. jnhrtmn

jnhrtmn Oxymoron (ems racer).

I did the same thing (almost) at VIR. Going slow in the grass, I high-sided and hurt my collar bone. I didn't go to the doctor, but I'm pretty sure I cracked the end of it or dislocated it. It has the tell-tale bump of a fracture, and still hurts.

It started freaking me out. If I can't crash going slow, how will I do going fast. I'm glad 100 MPH don't hurt.

14. WERA74

I still can't believe the damage done. There are jagged pieces of bone everywhere. Everytime I move, I feel pain up and down my arm.

Am seriously considering the Irish remedy for acute pain- Bushmills!

15. jnhrtmn

jnhrtmn Oxymoron (ems racer).

I really hate to hear that. I hope you heal up quickly.

I swear roadracing is behind the times in protection. Too much style and not enough sense. I do believe injuries like yours could be prevented with properly engineered protection. I think it could protect, not be too bulky, and be cool enough for summer.

The shoulders of a motocross chest protector work very well with the net suspension thing under the plastic plate. Maybe some leather manufacturer is using that idea already, I'll have to look.

16. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

damn thats bad luck Ceasar, I might have taken your good luck with me when I went flying, over 100 mph and I walked away..... the bike was not as lucky but at least I didnt break any bones. just left a piece of my azz cheek on the pavement. watch out for that slippery spot in t11 at vir :) ok , Going to the fridge for a glass of milk, and wheres some wood for me to knock on?? heal up good n quick buddy

17. WERA74

Going in for surgery tomorrow. See you all when I get back!

18. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Good luck Ceaser. Let us know how it goes. :up:

19. lovemyr6

lovemyr6 Well-Known Member

Update

Just spoke to him and he is out of surgery. He is very happy and not drugged up and going home. Plates and 8 screws. I didn't know that a collar bone had enough room for 8 screws:confused:

Talk about tough- he drove his stick shift all the home from Barber in stop and go traffic too. (It was his right shoulder). And hard headed :Poke: And I thought I was. :rolleyes:

He's still gona try and make the N Fla round in 3 weeks for AMA or FUSA???

20. WERA74

Thank you all for the support.

I got home just as the aenesthesia was wearing off. WHAT PAIN!!. I have a newfound respect for the inventor of Percoset.

Now, if I could only talk somebody into going to Brusters for me...

:D