1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newby please help. Order of courses.... Flat track or YCRS first

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Jmartin11, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Jmartin11

Jmartin11 Active Member

Hello,
    I've been riding for about 20 years now. I raced harescrambles and enduro in the past. I recently sold a 1000cc bike to buy a 600cc because wanted to start doing track days. At Moto America Njmp I met Nick from YCRS and cannot wait to take the class. Also there's a flat track two day course coming close by in three weeks. Do you think that I should take the flat track course before YCRS ?

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

A large amount of club level roadracers have never done flatrack and roadrace just fine/fast. If you really want to do both, then do both.Really a judgement call on your part in my opinion.

stk0308 and JBall like this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

You've raced scrambles already so you know how to ride already....and you did the smart thing and ditched the 1K for starting out. I'd say you are already ahead of the game a smidgeon with better judgement.:beer:

4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I don't think the two have to necessarily be in any particular order.

You will gain skill from both, but there isn't a lot (if any) dependencies between the two.

I've done both classes, and both were/are valuable and improved my riding. Not sure there would be any difference if I had taken them in the opposite order.

stk0308 likes this.
  5. Jmartin11

Jmartin11 Active Member

Thank you for your help. Really appreciate the advice:)

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I will say my kid did a flat track school and also did YCRS. YCRS is the one he wished he had done a few years earlier. IMO, well worth the $2300 it cost me.

dsmitty37 likes this.