1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New truck differentials

Discussion in 'General' started by Dragginass, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I'm having a hell of a time finding the F150 I want, option wise. Standard rear end is open, with optional electronic locking. I also want a tow package, and believe it or not those two options are hard to find on the lower xl/XLT trim levels.

So now I'm wondering if it's reasonable to add limited slip to a regular axle. I see these kits. Any insight from the beeb geniuses?
    http://www.stage3motorsports.com/91...rueTrac-Torsen-Limited-Slip-Differential.html

2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

True Trac's are nice since they use gears instead of fibers (think clutch fibers) that wear out over time. Unfortunately you will have to pay a few hundred in labor as they replace the entire carrier, and will require resetting the ring and pinion pattern, which will require a new crush washer on the pinion nut, torquing that, and while you're that far, might as well get seals and new bearings.... Not a simple unbolt and bolt back in.

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I am looking at putting 4.30's or lower in the 4wd excursion....about $2500 to have it done.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Is that w/ or w/o lockers or LSDs?

5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Buy axle with limited slip from junkyard truck and swap in. Sell old axle. Done.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

call dealer.
    order truck with options you want.
    wait 2 days for Amazon Prime to deliver via drone (#aluminumtruck)

renegade17 likes this.
  7. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member