1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Trailer Setup

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Inherited my Dad's Wells Cargo enclosed 7x14. It's slightly larger than my old 6x12 and has dual axles and brakes, so that's going to be nice.

Inside is unfinished, plywood and there's a few tie down rings in the floor.

Finally going to bite the bullet and go with the TRS system. I have been using Baxley Sport Chocks for years, but TRS is just so much cleaner and easier with less tie downs to screw with.

Planning E-track for the walls, never used it before but it seems better than putting in individual tie down rings.

Some kind of coating for the floor- any advice on this?

For the Grom- I think I'll keep one of the Baxley Sport Chocks for this- Assuming the TRS doesn't have a Grom option?

Also, my rolling toolbox was always a compromise because of space limitations- so now that that's over with, I may go for a longer, lower rolling box. I saw some really cool ones for sale in Road America, with big tires and stuff.

How about weight distribution? Center both bikes over the axles?

I won't bother taking the wood off the walls and insulating. I have never slept in my trailer in 20 years so I don't see the need. Also, I don't like hauling a generator that's big enough to run an AC anyway, so I'm not going to go crazy there.

Thanks in advance

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

For coating you can use our or garage paint or 2K coating. Add some sand to the mix for grip.

You may also want to use a wood primer sealer so the paint/coating doesn't all get sucked into the wood.

Gino230 likes this.
  3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Welcome to this century with the TRS.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This was the route I went with for my ramp door. The trailer already had commercial grade very thin carpet on the floor, so I mixed up some outdoor deck paint with playground sand. Has held up and gripped great for years and years now.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

If you want it to last and maintain its looks go with rubber coin flooring…

prm, MELK-MAN and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Having the predator 3500 running in my paddock spot and then a Honda 2000 for the grid was awesome. I also upgraded to two sets of stands and warmers so the shuffle from the paddock to the grid is way easier now.

six6two, BigBird and Gino230 like this.
  8. PitBull does have the TRS pins for the Grom. I used a TRS with mine.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine did his 7x14' in epoxy with anti-slip.
    Looked damn good, since he did his with flakes.

11. Gino230

You have your own Paint brand? :Poke:

(send link)

12. Gino230

13. Gino230

Thanks. Couple of questions about the TRS-

Same bar for most bikes I assume? Just the pins are different? Because obviously the Grom is alot narrower than the R6. I'm wondering do I need one for each bike or just 3 and a bunch of pins. I already know the Duc is going to need it's own, since it's a single sided swingarm.

Also, what is the "transport kit"? Is that just the bungee cord? The website could be a little better in that regard.

14. Gino230

Thought it over more last night, I'm thinking I would stagger the bikes with the center one slightly forward for the scooter. Max load out would be 2 bikes, + Grom, and toolbox. That would give me options to take the toolbox in the rear or along the side depending on how many bikes I'm taking.

One side will have e-track about 3-4' off the floor, the other side I'll run it about 2' off the floor for wheels, fuel cans, bins, etc.

I also need to revise my system for carrying spares. Right now I have a lot of shit in the toolbox, boxes of hardware, tons of spare hoses and little parts, etc. All of which come in handy (mostly for other people to borrow) The rest is in bins. Would be nice to have just the bins for spares and toolbox for tools.

15. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

i've always set up my trailers in the order i want to pack and unpack, especially when it's raining. bikes always in the back with canopies on the floor in between. this is usually the first and last thing i would touch when arriving and leaving the track.

six6two likes this.
  16. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I had line x spray the floor of my old trailer
    Ran it up a few inches up the wall . Made cleaning nice and easy

Gino230, TLR67, six6two and 2 others like this.
  17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

For 99% of bikes, yes. There are a handfull of special cases, but few and far between. If you need any specifiic questions answered for your setup, just give them a call. Pitbull team is always very helpful.

19. Mk4Matt

Mk4Matt Well-Known Member

I went with the tan rustolium 2 part epoxy you can get at lowes/home depot. This is the 3rd season it been installed and has lasted very well. Put it on thick and do a couple coats. Calculate twice the sqft you need as the wood will soak it up and fill any voids. You'll want to get it as clean as possible and sand down any questionable areas.

I also built a trailer for a guy 2 years ago and when with the grey color.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Ol...oss-2-5-Car-Garage-Floor-Kit-365185/314107171

Attached Files:

six6two and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  20. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I'd go with something up in the trailer to clear more the floor space
    This is what I put in my 6x12:

[​IMG]

Gino230 and MELK-MAN like this.