1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Track: Pineview Run

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by PPPope, Sep 4, 2018.

1. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

Pineview Run: Sunday 10/7, 11 AM-3PM

TrackFriends,

We’ve been given an amazing opportunity to hold the first ever motorcycle track day at Pineview Run, the new 15-turn road course in Lafayette, NY.

The track is tighter (30’ wide) and shorter (1.1 miles) than a full-sized circuit, but boasts impressive elevation changes and a variety of challenging corners! The track size is perfect for smaller, less powerful bikes, so we’re keeping engine displacement to 400cc for sportbikes. All motards are welcome.

Sound concerns: stock exhaust cans and/or DB killers will need to be utilized. The track has a self-imposed decibel limit of 101, and we need to respect local neighbors and the opportunity we’ve been given to ride a new venue.

Emergency medical services and insurance will be covered by the track, but we’ll need to provide (and compensate) a 3-marshal flag team. Any volunteers or family members interested? Although unlikely, in event of a tip over we’ll need to utilize a rider’s vehicle/trailer as our crash truck.

The paddock is stone and on the smaller side, and there is no camping, electricity, or concessions available. More information about the track can be found on their webpage (https://pineviewrun.com).

Price per rider has not been pinned down yet, but I’m hopeful we can arrive at a reasonable cost. Plan on arriving at 10 AM Sunday to unload. We’ll have our riders’ meeting at 10:30, and the track will go hot from 11-3. We’ll be running 2 groups of 15 riders each, and rotating every 15 minuets.

If you’re interested in attending, please let me know and include the bike you’ll be riding. I’ll generate a list and continue working on event logistics. This is an invitation-only event, but if you know a responsible rider that would like to attend and is not on this email please have him or her contact me.

Thanks,

Mike Pope
    315-214-1958
    [email protected]

Attached Files: