1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Top Gun Trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I thought it was 120 actual combat planes with about half that ready to fly at any moment. I know that Tigers are flying as aggressors during training missions as the f22 is 40k an hour and something stupid like 8 hours maintenance for each flight hour. That's probably exaggerated but the cost per hour in the air of the f22 is ridiculous. That said fuck the f35 and restart the f22 line (said from 5 miles from Lockheed Martin)

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Well, they’re both Lockheed jets. Though, with the F-35 program, Lockheed got wise and diversified their portfolio with suppliers in many different states, so naturally, Congress went with it despite the repeated cost overruns and delays.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

4. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

So they gave Iceman a pass?

Not everybody is a GD Vampire like Tom is......

5. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

To be fair most old 15 guys clown the 22 as their micap rates were terrible. Back in the early days, One of those old 15 guys asked the acc commander (also an old 15 guy) why we were getting out of the 15 business and bringing the 22s online. His response was that the 22 was a big effing stick to our enemies, that they could defend against our 15 capabilities but they couldn’t touch the 22s. This was before the OBOGS crap though

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean yeah, that makes total sense :confused:

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

English please

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

They switched from the F-15 to the F-22 due to the fact that most enemies have the tools/technology to defend against the 15. The 22 scares them.

I think.

HellrazoRR likes this.
  9. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Lol sorry, was speaking to the F15 being replaced by the F22. It’s been a while since I’ve been around any of their maintenance meetings but in the early days of transition, their ability to launch on time was terrible. Lots and lots of maintenance issues. Then of course the f22 had the OBOGS issues that were all over the news. I left that world in 2015 and haven’t been following the airframe but I think with all the issues the f35s have had it’s taken the attention off the f22.

Note: my acronym above was wrong, micap rates are supply rates...retired life!

10. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Google says "On-Board Oxygen Generation System". Military people tend to forget civilians don't speak Acronym.

speedluvn likes this.
  13. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

speedluvn likes this.
  14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

15. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

I think if you were actually around the F35 you would change your perspective.