1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Top Gun Trailer

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Jul 18, 2019.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I feel like @Metalhead starting another thread 2 days in a row. New Top Gun trailer is out and looks pretty good. Discuss.

Dragginass likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Saw it earlier. I'm wondering if Iceman makes a cameo in the movie (he's not in the trailer). If they didn't put Val on a serious weight-loss routine its gonna be a sad sight onscreen.

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

It did say he was in it so who knows what he looks like. Ed Harris looked really old but Tom looked fairly young.

4. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Tom Cruise sux.

There. Someone had to say it. :p

racerx43, MachineR1 and sdg like this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Is Tom Skerritt in it? I thought i heard him.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

What made them wait 34 yrs to come out with a sequel is beyond me but those of us who watched/liked it then I can't imagine missing this one, out of curiosity. I take it they're not bringing back Kelly McGillis?

[​IMG]

:eek::eek::eek:

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

She was right on the cusp of not being very attractive way back in 86 when the original movie came out. Now she's a lesbian granny.....which to be fair, in the current social climate we find ourselves, there could very well be a real tangible role for her :D

On the bright side....Maverick's upgraded to an H2 ;)

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.29.33 PM.png

RichB likes this.
  8. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Actually, after his battle with cancer, he’s lost a lot of weight.

9. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

I think she was gang raped not too long after the movie...so I doubt she wants to be in the spotlight :(

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I'm in for the Dangerzone remix.

Jedb likes this.
  11. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20190719-021809_Chrome.jpg

Knotcher and shakazulu12 like this.
  12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

The Cinematography in the trailer looked outstanding.. Not a TopGun or Cruise fan however I might have to go just for the aviation aspect.

13. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I just hope it is actually a good movie. Have always enjoyed the first one and would be very disappointed if this follows the trend of terrible reboots.

14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

It looks very boring.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

In some of the scenes it looked like he was wearing more of a spacesuit style helmet, and his flight suit seemed to have some sort of locking collar. Is that the way they are now or is there some sort of future plane angle they’re working into the movie?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Space Force for the win.

sharkattack and Mot Okstef like this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I saw it come up on yougores early yesterday so I gave it a look. Not really a fan of the first one (thought it was formulaic and silly) but Sam is a total nut for that film. I might even break my "boycott" of seeing movies in the theater to go with her.

Right after I watched the top gun trailer I watched the trailer for the new Jay and Silent Bob movie. That's more my speed.

Jedb likes this.
  18. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

When the original movie came out I was an aviation buff. The F-14 was THE plane at the time and the top gun school was fascinating. I also wanna say that sometime after this movie came the F-14 shot down two of Kadafe’s warplanes.
    The aerial footage at the the time was out of this world. I’m not sure if they can come close to the original.
    The “space plane’ plot doesn’t excite me.

19. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

My buddy who flew F15s would disagree... :beer:

He always made fun of the wings. Wings forward, I'm going slow, wings back, I'm going fast. :crackup:

20. Mattinrsm

Mattinrsm Well-Known Member

The Air Force pilots I knew all said the same thing back then - if they had to go into combat, they wanted to be in an F15.