1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to wera, Need help

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by trace1, Jan 5, 2017.

1. trace1

trace1 Member

Hello everyone, I am new to wera. I have a 2009 Cbr600rr street bike that I want to use as my track bike. A few question though hopefully you fine people can me with.

anyone with a cbr600rr running in the superstock class, could please recommend any specific body work or parts or modifications for my bike?

What all classes am I eligible to compete in? I know it would be superstock but can I run superstock A, B, C, or all of them??

I read on the rules that my lower fairing needs to be able to hold 5 quarts of liquid. Also read that I need to have a catch pan?? Are these the same thing?

body work, is there specific companies or race bodies that will hold liquid in it??

solo seat cowling, does anyone recommend a special brand or product that abides by the solo cowling rule of no more than 1.5 inches in height when measured from the seat?

Any other tips or recommendations on things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

All race body work for that bike will have a belly pan (same as catch pan) capable of holding fluid. The tail section should be your solo cowl, you will get that with the body work. Look for armourbodies or sharkskin, two generally respected brands. Basically, both requirements will be met by any standard race body.

trace1 likes this.
  3. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

dont buy ArmourBodies for the 09 CBR600RR. it doesnt fit for shit and requires extension modification to get everything lined up. i used OptimalRacing fairings for my CBR. everything lined up and fits great.

race B & C Superstock and Superbike with that bike.

4. trace1

trace1 Member

Thank you the early reply and for solving my question on the body work! Any suggestions on parts or things I should do to the bike?

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Sell it and buy a bike that's already prepped. For your sake, but a V8 era bike and keep it cheap.

You can still race in the C classes.

6. stangmx13

ive got an 09 CBR600RR racebike that i need to sell. its prepped for MotoAmerica/WERA Superstock.

if u want to build your own, heres my list of must-do's for that bike
    - ditch the stock steering damper and get an Ohlins. a GPR is fine too.
    - MotoHolders fairing stay. the stock one snaps into many pieces in a crash.
    - fork cartridges and a good aftermarket shock. the stock fork carts are way under-damped and too short. you absolutely need ride-height adjustment on the shock to use larger modern race tires too. dont go too stiff on the shock spring.
    - put on a full exhaust. buy some thermal insulation for your track fairings if u dont cuz the stock cat will melt em.
    - normal stuff... clip-ons, rearsets, case-covers, fuel tuner, quickshifter, SS brake lines, race brake pads

7. trace1

trace1 Member

Will changing the rear shock and fork carts still keep me in superstock?

8. trace1

trace1 Member

I would but I bought the bike wrecked with the intention of tracking it. So it's kinda a project bike, so selling it pointless. Plus I like the idea of building it myself so I know everything on it.

9. stangmx13

Yes. Stay out of the engine, keep the stock forks (internals excluded), don't put on fancy brake hardware, and keep the stock wheels... then ull still be Superstock legal. It's all in the rule book.

trace1 likes this.