1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to forum looking for info on GSXR600 engines

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Russco, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Russco

Russco New Member

I started helping my buddy and his son with their racing effort. They race mini-sprints with GSXR600 engines on methanol. They are running converted injection by Guhl that I think utilize a Yamaha ECU with Suzuki injection. They refer to them as a YAMZUKI set up. I'll have many questions as I go as I have been away from it since 2006. At that time I was building pretty competitive engines for my self and a couple others. I was running Honda's back then so I know nothing about these Suzuki's. I'm hoping to get some information from you guys that are experienced with these engines. First, I need to know how to tell what year engines we have. Now we only have the engines and so far I havent found a VIN on them I have found a couple codes stamped that I am guessing are main/rod bearing codes? I'll stop here for now I'll have plenty more about cam timing ETC.. in the future. Thanks in advance Mike.

2. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Might as well throw a GSXR 750 engine in there....nobody will ever know. cough cough

A picture of engine(s) would tell the gurus what model year most likely.

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Engine serial is right hand side of cases below the main oil galley plug. Depends on year, but something like N732-1xxxx. Bearing codes are on the back of the cases, often upside down. Different heads can be installed on those, look on the cam caps for three digits.

Shenanigans likes this.
  4. Russco

Russco New Member

Thanks Guys, So we have two motors as of now, 1 with N735 and 1 with N738 they both have Black Cylinder heads with inspection plugs next to chain tensioner. (my understanding is these would be 2008 or newer heads) I would like to build both of them for the upcoming season. I will have a bunch of questions I'm hoping you all might be able to help me out with if you can. I
    I've been away from this type of stuff for several years so first I need some recommendations of good places to source parts from. I will want pistons, valve spring kits. probably valves, Adjustable cam gears, Gaskets ETC. Thanks

5. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Try GSXR.com, and/or G I X X E R . C O M for some possible great source info of what you indicated. Good luck!
    Take out the spaces on the second one. This silly forum has a stick up it's but against Suzuki's or something, and changes it to : Chaoitc is an idiot? WTH?