1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New tax plan.....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 26, 2017.

1. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

I forgot about the laffer curve. the right tax cut will increase revenue.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/laffercurve.asp

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Funny, I was hoping Kasich would get the nomination so there might be a candidate I'd feel comfortable voting for, but what do I know?

So you don't think these four quotes are low hanging fruit?

“Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more, I notice.” Only problem there is that Douglas died in 1895.

“Had Andrew Jackson been a little later you wouldn’t have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person, but he had a big heart, and he was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War. He said, ‘There’s no reason for this.’ ” Only a small issue with this is that Jackson was dead 16 years before the start of the civil war.

"Now, I have to tell you, it's an unbelievably complex subject," he added. "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated."

“This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”

I'm thinking he should be on "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

And then there's the fact that Trump used Obama's travel expenses during the campaign but in three months Trump has already spent about double the annual cost of Obama's travel costs? Not to mention the fact that is costs over 100K/day for security in NY for his wife and kid.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

As far as the civil war quote, what makes you think he wasn't referring to what Jackson thought in the time leading up to the war?
    It didn't exactly happen on the spur of the moment, right?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Thought the same thing with the part of his quote

“Had Andrew Jackson been a little later"

They guy is crude as a Durrani mockup for sure.

5. Newsshooter

So do you think that Jackson, who was a slave owner, would have prevented the civil war?

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Do you still think the civil war was about slavery? :crackup:

Fencer likes this.
  7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Again, can you cite when you whined about Barry's gaffes/errors/misstatements???

Again, that's what I thought. :rolleyes:

8. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I was lectured how I was throwing my vote away for Gary Johnson. Not saying he is the answer, but at least next time it might have been another option. Instead, in 2020 will we again have the choice of a shit sandwich or a turd burger, and people will say I wish we had a third option, and then no one will "waste" a vote to give us the third option for next time. Around and around it goes.

9. Newsshooter

Sure, but why should I be redundant when you and pickle are here. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Glad you're amusing yourself....it's going to be a long 4-8 yrs for you and your ilk. :eek: :D

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I don't know dude. That ACHA turd vote shows the Republicans have little desire to maintain power.

12. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Funny you bring that up... One of my girlfriends friends is a left wing nutjob that voluntarily moved to california. (to be fair he wasn't quite as awful before he moved there) He asked my girlfriend a few days before the election who she was voting for and when she responded Gary Johnson he said ok as long as it isn't the evil donald... The day after the election he called her and cursed her out because it was "her fault that Trump won because she didn't have the courage to vote for Hillary":crackup:

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

As I've stated before, I'm going to give them at least a half a term before I start showing any negativity. Personally, I think it's mildly amusing to be an unhappy voter, this early into this Presidency, but hey, write them and give'em your piece of mind....that's what we all should be doing. Maybe they'll get the picture and continue to work over that POS legislation to one that'll make more of us happy.

One thing for sure, I NEVER had any aspirations of him fixing all the broken shit in his first 100 days.

14. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

No, I had the common sense and intelligence to not vote for Hillary.

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Mexico according to Trump. You do believe him.....................don't you?:)

16. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Missed one...