1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Suit alterations? Who?

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun636, Jun 7, 2019.

1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I got a new Dainese Laguna Suit on the way but regardless of the suit manufacturer, suits never fit me right unless it’s a custom suit. I have stubby arms and legs and a long torso. So do we have anyone here that I can take measurements and they tailor the suit to fit me better? As of now the chest will fit, but the waist will be way too big and be arms and legs too long.

Recommendations?

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Barnicle bill

Or

Sportbike leather service

Pitmom42 likes this.
  3. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Soak it in fuel and wear it around for a couple hours itll fit.

4. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I had a suit altered by (I believe the shop's name was) Lizzie’s Leather Works. She was referred to me by Alexa at the (sadly) now closed Spyder Leather Works.

roy826ex likes this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Barnacle Bill.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not sure where you are physically located at but I've also seen Todd @ Heroic alter non-Heroic suits for riders I believe.

7. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Just got a patch job back from this guy and it looks great! He’s based out of Atlanta but attends some of the regional track days and races.

Attached Files:

Killswitch likes this.
  8. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I have an odd build as well (Long torso, wide shoulders and short legs)

Barnacle bill has done a great job altering suits and jackets for me in the past.

cajun636 likes this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Syed Leathers.

cajun636, MELK-MAN and Odilup like this.
  10. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Fatty McFatty

cajun636 and Mot Okstef like this.
  11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol

cajun636 likes this.
  12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Barnacle Bill. He's good and he'll entertain you on the phone. Funny dude. Call him. If he can make ME look good in a suit he can make anyone look good.

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

14. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Another vote for Syed

MELK-MAN likes this.
  15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Syed leathers in Orlando fl.

16. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Had him shorten my sleeves and do some custom lettering and numbers for my suit and have nothing but great things to say about him. Turn around time, customer communication, quality of work, and the options available with what he was able to do is all top notch (I was asking for something very specific and more labor intensive to do and he pulled it off flawlessly). . .this actually reminded me that I have to get my second suit to him.

All the people listed do great work - especially with alterations. With the leg length on this suit, I'd recommend you try a pair of the "in boots" with it and see if that helps with the problem. They are designed long to work with the boots - I almost had the legs shortened (was a life long Sidi fan) and when I rode with the suit tucked in, all I wanted to do was cut it short - once I switched to the "in" boots it's perfect (the boots are great too).

cajun636 likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gawd, for the life of me I can't remember the name of the shop that does the work for Dainese here in the US. Authorized to do Dainese, Alpinestars and some others.

I'll try and find the name later, after coffee.

18. uswjmc22

uswjmc22 Obfusc8

Might be Anthony's Leatherworks on the left coast. I had them do recolor and custom patches/lettering plus repair
    and I hafta say the work is better than any I've seen before. Pricier than BB and Sportbike Leather Dan, but I cannot fault the workmanship.
    They are working on a shredded Astars for me right now.

19. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

my website is gone( my webmaster retired but I can work the facebook page myself. . I get all my work through facebook anyway and the website was dialed into the custom suits I built. Barnacle Bill's Leather Repair on Facebook ( before and after pics are there). Give a holler if you decide to send it in ( but that's your call ) (Lizzie is out of business now about 18 months. I bought what supplies she had left.) . I like to have a suit marked up while the rider is in it. I'll tell you how. measurements are Ok but doesn't work as well as actually marking the suit while you're in it. sounds like you may need the knees and elbows raised and the rise shortened? Thanks for the referrals guys. appreciate it. B Bill and Darethea
    I'm in and out during the summer ( hay to cut , fences to fix , boat to sail, stuff like that so leave a message or email. 859 336 7375 [email protected] or contact me through messenger on facebook at the BBLR site.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    cajun636 likes this.
  20. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Yes it’s Anthony’s. They are on PCH in corona Del Mar. tons of suits hanging in the front window.