1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Scoot

Discussion in 'General' started by Blackbeener, May 23, 2012.

1. Blackbeener

Blackbeener Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with any of these, looking for a scooter to get around town and ran across this...just figured I'd ask the all knowing beeb..

thanks

Attached Files:

2. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Get in touch with the Ducshop guys.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That is pretty darn cool looking.

4. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I wouldn't consider that a scooter, looks cool.

5. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

there is a 125 version and a 50 version i believe.
    what is your budget?
    around town?
    -that could be anywhere from 25 mph up to freeway jaunts.
    "freeway legal" in most states require 150cc minimum.
    we(wife) have a Kymco People 150 good for about 65 mph.

6. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

That is COOL!

7. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Looks alot like the old honda engines?

8. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

"The bike will cruise on level ground at 55mph without issues. I have seen over 65mph with it going down a decent hill, and just the opposite You have to downshift and dip down to like 45 on a big up hill. But in general you go around 55. If you are lighter than me you will probably go faster (I'm 200lb)."

quote from ebay seller regarding 125 Madass

9. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

That looks uncomfortable for a scoot.

I picked up a 2012 Zuma 50f and I'm very happy with it so far (140 miles).

10. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Looks like you could get a little nutty with some of the aftermarket goodies available for this thing....be a hoot to ride around town on one of these with a 160/170cc kit....:D
    the undertail twin can setup is kinda cool too...

http://ooracing.com

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My first ever powered 2-wheel vehicle was a Sachs Moped and I still want one of the new ones...

Other than that - I know Huey has worked on one/played one one at Marietta Motorsports maybe give him a call.

12. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hey Mark...why break old habits? Just borrow one. ;)

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

how is the 4 stroke version??

14. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

thats kinda badass

15. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Never rode the 2 stroke so I can't compare but it has electric start (only) and FI so I'm already looking at a power commander for it :) I top out at 45 downhill and 40 on flat land. With 2 people it bogs down to around 35 unless you hit a big hill.

The only problem I have with it is it's so new there aren't any hop up parts specifically for it.

16. RNYC

RNYC Well-Known Member

The MadAss is a kick. Well built and plenty of aftermarket goodies for it (the POC Exhaust sounds good). Good online support through various forums. Madassarmy.com usually has a bunch for sale under 2k.

Not sure if it'd be as bulletproof as a Zuma (1 bazillion chinese food delivery drivers can't be wrong), and you can't put a lot of crap/people on it around the pits, but it is a lot of fun to ride, and will get you around town quickly on about a tablespoon of gas.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  17. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Used to service sell those too.
    My experience with them was less than positive. I found the build quality lacking throughout and the dependability and durability less than good. The motors are Chinese made and it shows.

Also, the ride is terrible and the chassis is steel and very heavy. Too bad too, because they do look way cool.

18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Looks cool Mark!

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Had one.
    Heavy. Funky position, & 16" wheels.
    Good thing about them? China 125 motor.....dime a dozen.
    Toss a 155cc+R YX motor in it for somewhere in the neighborhood of 17-18hp.
    It'd require a carb & exhaust, & wouldn't exactly be fuel efficient......but it'd make people go "wtf" when you smoked them leaving stop lights sounding like a 450f MX bike!

20. RoidRageFool

RoidRageFool @FundedByWifeRacing

Yes I am aware this is from 2012, but I was wondering if anyone actually owns a MadAss. My father bought 2 back in probably 2012 and they have pretty much sat in his or my garage since. I think one has 300 miles on it and the other less. Both run, but probably need the carbs cleaned. I would like to change one of them up to my liking. Wasn't sure if anyone knew where to get parts or what could easily be swapped out for these things.