1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New rider with sponsor questions

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by pressrich, May 9, 2017.

1. pressrich

pressrich New Member

About myself, been riding sport bikes for decades, saw an AMA and WERA events and got the bug, recent divorce has opened the door to go racing, figure that getting a sponsor may speed up the dollars to get on the track. I've got "ins" with a magazine and a printer, need some info on how many people attend the events, manufacturers on hand, even % of riders that r small business owners. Info to present to a company to make it more attractive, any and all advice would be great.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No OEM reps at club events unless they're coming out to race themselves. Even pro only has one or two for displays depending on the event.

No clue on small business owners. Attendance I might be able to find out.

3. pressrich

pressrich New Member

Thanks, maybe a format on how to ask, good selling points, ive read a lot of posts and cant find any dealing in this subject. Closely guarded secrets?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The simple answer when looking for sponsors is to show them what you can do for them in exchange for their money.

The reality is though, as a club racer you can't do much, especially when starting out, you have no results and no history of results. Unless you're a top expert you're not going to be able to sell what you use to other racers and that's the vast majority of who will see you and your sponsors at the track.

Your best bet is to have friends who are willing to do it to come out and be a part of your racing effort or just because they like you.

So no, no secret, it just isn't something that happens because until you've got skills you have nothing to use to promote a sponsor or their products.