1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Race Hauler

Discussion in 'General' started by melissa, Apr 30, 2002.

1. melissa

melissa Sir

New Neighbor of the Beast transporter spied en route to Putnam...

[​IMG]

oh wait, wrong picture, but didn't these guys used to race WERA Endurance?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is that the tractor that was painted Barney Purple at Daytona, with the condo in the back?

3. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

Pre-schoolers everywhere will be disappointed to learn that Barney The Friendly Truck is no longer purple...

4. That was the Barney Tractor. It has been stripped and painted.

The graphics were done by Motorsports Designs, in High Pointe, NC, the same company that did the Traxxion Dynamics hauler.

JU is pretty pleased. I don't think I have heard him as pleased about anything in some time...

Supposedly it is enroute to Sears at this moment...

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So the boys can stop walking around racetracks with paper bags covering their faces, uh? :D No need to be embarrassed about their ride anymore. :cool:

6. fin1exp

fin1exp Well-Known Member

Sears?? Do they need to pick up a new drill or something? :D

7. melissa

melissa Sir

Yes, and it's a REALLY BIG DRILL.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think JU should give me this truck, since it more or less matches the colors of my bike. That's what a buddy would do...:)

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That monster is too sweet. Approximately what does something like that go for? Eh, don't answer that, propably more then my townhouse. :)
    Wish I had the money for the old rig! :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow.

JU - the Czar is going to be sooooooo pissed at you when I give her my updated wish list :D

12. Litespeed

Litespeed Rocket Scientist

I'm pretty sure my race budget for the season wouldn't even cover the cost of the paint on that thing...

13. Graphics, not paint...

It has one giant sticker covering the whole trailer. It is giant sheets of wallpaper called a "full wrap". They can do this to even small club racer's trailers. Effectively, an old ratty looking trailer can be made to look brand new.

The cost is based on square footage. A giant NASCAR hauler like this is 20K, a kinda big-ass hauler like mine (40' +2 ft extra heighth) was 10K, so kinda do the math down to a smaller trailer to figure out for yourself. The cost is between $10-12 per square foot of material including design and production.

Check out the cool stuff those guys do at

www.motorsportsdesigns.com and look at the "gallery".

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Max,
    How is durability of the Graphics versus paint? Any problems with peeling or damage from road crude or wear and tear?
    MSD definitely does nice work from what I've read and been told.
    JUs new hauler is going to make me spend an extra $2 a week on powerball tickets. :D

15. The graphics are guaranteed not to fade for 5 Years! A cool by-product of this is if you damage the trailer, they can replace a piece or a panel of the graphic and it will match up without sticking out real bad.

Also, if you start with a new trailer and have it wrapped, when you go to sell it, you can remove the graphics and have a brand new trailer under it to sell. The special adhesive on the graphic is guaranteed to come off with the vinyl and not stay on the trailer which makes clean up a snap!

It really is pretty bad ass.:cool:

16. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Why taint the Axxion / Traxxion trailer featured in their gallery?

Nevermind: found it under the MSD gallery instead of the thumbnail gallery I was in.

17. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Ah ha! Now we know it takes a fancy hauler to bring Eric back to us. ;)

TFS Racing needs a hauler like this- ooooh, I could fit so many SV's in there.... we'll just turn that "0" on the number plate into a "22"......