1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New North Central Region Racer 2016

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Joey Gardner, Feb 7, 2016.

1. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

A zero gravity windscreen or a stock windscreen will work

2. Joey Gardner

Joey Gardner Garddog 229

Does it have to be clear?

3. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I would, makes it easier to see when your in full tuck. But personal preference

4. RcRacing710

RcRacing710 Member

Check out the Zero Gravity double bubble since they allow it in Superstock classes now. Ask specifically for the race version which doesnt have the cutouts on the side so you can mount the quick release!

5. Joey Gardner

Joey Gardner Garddog 229

6. Joey Gardner

Joey Gardner Garddog 229

Got it thanks!

7. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

That bodywork is ArmourBodies, not Sharkskins. Sharkskins have tabs on the R6 nose that go up like ears around the windshield.

Zero gravity will work, OEM will not because of the OEM tabs on the bottom. A Zero Gravity race shield (double bubble or not) will work perfectly.

If the bike still has the OEM fairing stay you can zip-tie the windshield to it since the R6 fairing stay is designed to work with mirrors.

8. Joey Gardner

Joey Gardner Garddog 229

?
    image.jpg

9. Joey Gardner

Joey Gardner Garddog 229

Sorry for an abrupt change of subject here, but with the bike, I got a brand new Bridgestone front race slick. I'm trying to find a comparable match for the rear , but sizing on slicks has me confused. Once again it's going on an R6. The front is a 125/600R17. Bridgestone Battlax R09AZ. RMRO4241 MCRR4241

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  10. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

The rear size in a Bridgestone slick will be a 190/650R17. You could also use a 180 size race DOT.

11. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

If you contact Stickboy, he can school you on the Stones...but Joe is right about sizing. I live in Cincinnati, when I order tires from Stick, they usually come from a hub in Indianapolis.

Looks like the guys have you together on info though. What part of Indiana are you from?

12. Joey Gardner

Joey Gardner Garddog 229

I'm just south
    I'm just south of Indy

13. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

On 74? My buddy Kyle lives in Greensburg, he races WERA.

14. Joey Gardner

Joey Gardner Garddog 229

I'm getting conflicting information on this rear slick tire. I called a place in Colorado and the guy says run a 165/630-17 but online it says those are for the 250cc gp bikes. He said if I was on a big bike (1000) I could run a 180 or 190. This transition from motocross to road racing is kicking my ass. I don't know shit other than how to ride the damn thing. Lol

15. Joey Gardner

Joey Gardner Garddog 229

Can I please get "stick boys" contact info

16. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Stick at stickboyracing dot com

His name is Dereck.

Your "guy" is wrong. I run a 165 on my EX500. I would suggest you just wait and get tires at the track where you get the added benefit of a tire guy that knows his stuff.

Good luck

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

18. Hooligan

Hooligan Just a wanabe

I am in Greensburg myself.

19. Joey Gardner

Joey Gardner Garddog 229

Cool man that's pretty close to me. Where is your first planned ride for this year?

20. Joey Gardner

Joey Gardner Garddog 229

His website doesn't have a phone number on it and I don't have Facebook