1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Mini Racing Org near Baltimore, MD for 2019

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Toadmeister00, Jan 22, 2019.

1. 2wheeldev

2wheeldev Well-Known Member

Interesting. Thanks for posting these

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I’m an idiot!!! I meant left side off Ridge and Stoney. Sorry.

They’re going to be at the Timonium Bike Show Feb 8-10. I’m hoping to meet these gents and get to know more about their plans and philosophies.

And you’re welcome for the photos. If I hadn’t made plans to go to Monster Jam today, I think Alex and I would have been up there bicycling the layout to get a feel for lines and things of that nature. If I do that, I may run a go pro for a lap or so and YouTube it.

It’s very exciting to have a facility 25 minutes from my house that offers my son another opportunity to ride. He absolutely loves it. I just want him to have fun in a fun and safe facility.

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Looks like everything looks good until the bus comes to pick people up.... Ha...

StaccatoFan likes this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing with those lights, evening practice sessions through the week will be possible. That could be fun. Weekly WERA beeb practice followed by beers.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  5. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

They just posted on their Facebook page that they're planning on having practice Wed-Sun in season for $30. That's a lot better than $65 at NJMP but looking at the pictures NJMP is a lot better of a track. Also for me, it's an extra 50 minutes or so farther away so I'll probably just stick to NJMP. However, they said they have permission for big supermoto bikes so that might be cool

6. mad8vskillz

mad8vskillz Member

sandy hook isn't too far either... could have away races

7. 2wheeldev

Not familiar with this one. Can you post a link to the Sandy Hook track? Ty

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

8. Toadmeister00

Toadmeister00 Well-Known Member

9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Looks like I'll be building a CRF100...

10. 2wheeldev

Toadmeister00 likes this.
  11. Spang308

I just saw a stock 100 built one for sale reasonable on FB marketplace. I think it was Tyler Humphries selling it. It had a 16" front wheel plus the stocker. Looked clean too.

12. Spang308

13. Toadmeister00

Sandy Hook is actually my least favorite track to ride, but my most favorite because of the people involved and the general atmosphere. The Headley family has been great, and things should be even better with Rob taking the helm.

14. Spang308

15. 2wheeldev

CRF150R anyone? Don't leave me alone in F3!

16. Toadmeister00

The F3 grids have been a little light as of late, but you definitely won't be alone.

2wheeldev likes this.
  17. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

I'm on board with this. Looks like nothing but fun racing.

So, reading the rules for the Stock 100 class, my take is that "little wheels" ARE allowed in the stock class

• Honda XR100/CRF100, CRF125L
    • Yamaha TTR125L or LE
    • Suzuki DRZ125L
    • Kawasaki KLX125L
    • (No small wheel versions with 17” front and 14” rear wheels are eligible)
    I'm shopping for a bike now. And see that the honda CRF125F has 17/14 inch wheels. Can someone confirm for me so that I don't pigeon-hole myself into an uncompetitive situation? :)

18. Toadmeister00

Little wheels are not allowed in the stock class. The XR/CRF100 bikes are allowed to swap to the 16" front wheel. The most popular bike in that class now is the TT-R125L/LE.

19. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Okay. Thanks. A second opinion never hurts!

20. Spang308

I think NJ and Baltimore allows the 16" wheel on the drum brake Honda only. Sandy is stock wheel size only I think.
    TTR 125 seems to be the go to in the stock100 class.