1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Enclosed Trailer interior painting

Discussion in 'General' started by StaccatoFan, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

any particular brand?

and this is for the floor and walls?

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Hey Rob....actually the 7x14 was the correct call. It's the PMC "Portable Man Cave" for my son and myself.

There's a kart track 20 minutes from my house, and another an hour away. The toy hauler is just completely too much for both, and getting my toy hauler into the gate at Sandy Hook north of Baltimore isn't something I feel like attempting. Their gate is pretty narrow.

For a day trip, the 7x14 is perfect.

I'll use the toy hauler for trips to NJMP and when we make it out to race with OMRL on occasion.

Alex is still racing his 50 for this year and may be next year, and now he's getting to know the 110's in practice to evolve into the next phase.

But, I appreciate the thought.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. StaccatoFan

I did not insulate, I'll probably regret that and maybe go back and do it later.

For paint I just used Lowe's fence and deck paint with the grit mixed in for the floor. Lowes will add the grit when they mix in the colors for you.

Tas likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Just glad you are having fun with your boy on mini tracks. Some of our most fun was the three years on minis. Most of the racing families usually stayed the entire weekend and the kids played, while the parents got to know each other, eat, drink, watch MotoGP on the side of a trailer, fire pits, etc. So much fun.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    TurboBlew and StaccatoFan like this.
  5. StaccatoFan

Trust me....that atmosphere hasn't changed one single bit.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's awesome to have two places so close. Our closest kart track, Adams Kart Track, was only an hour away. For awhile Adams was running a practice one night every week. For months, we went out there to get the seat time for the kids. Faster guys would show up too and talk to the boys. One time all three Hayden brothers were out there practicing, which was fun for the boys.

It's funny, my son was progressing over that winter of practicing one night per week. He moved up from pocket bikes, and I was teasing him about not riding his NSR hard enough and that I could smoke him. So I bought another used NSR for me. All of a sudden he picked up 2 seconds that night, just because he didn't want to let dad beat him. LOLOL

7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I used rubber coin flooring and stained the interior walls. Super easy and has held up great.
    [​IMG][​IMG]