1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Enclosed Trailer interior painting

Discussion in 'General' started by StaccatoFan, Jan 17, 2020.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

So, I'm adding a new enclosed trailer to my arsenal of CRAP. MiniGP day trips are not enough to take the toy hauler. I'm getting a new 7x14 enclosed.

I'd like to paint the floor and the walls.

What's the best option to paint the floor for good looks and durability?

Probably going to use the same paint on the walls.

Thanks in advance.

2. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Just get good grade exterior Floor and Porch paint at the box store. Add "play ground'' or fine sand to the floor for slip protection.

Do not use concrete sand.

When it gets buggered up... re-coat.

Don't over spend on BS epoxy stuff.

R/T Performance likes this.
  3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Did you get a new 1 ton diesel dually to tow the new 7x14? Thats the only approved tow vehicle here.

cav115 and t11ravis like this.
  4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Bullshyt! It’s 2020 The WERA BBS will be upping its pimp game!
    upload_2020-1-17_22-46-51.jpeg
    A baby dually is the equivalent to a Prius

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I won't suggest what to do with the floor but gloss white for the walls has worked well for me.

6. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I used deck paint from home depot on my trailer ramp. Extremely durable and has the texture for grip.

On the walls I just hit it with Killz primer then went over it with a store brand full gloss light gray. Any light color will work and full gloss makes for easy cleaning.

7. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

We used good ol porch and floor paint. Since it's new...you won't have anything under the paint to cause it to lift. They also make specific traction stuff you can mix into it and it won't look like gravel, I used it on my ramp and was awesome. Looked normal, but grippy as hell, comes in a bag in the paint section.....skip the sand and leave that for the sandbox.

Bright color on walls with a contrasting darker floor looks awesome too. Have fun with it...it's just paint...don't wuss out and do boring.:Poke:

8. StaccatoFan

That's been my towvehicle for 20 years smartypants.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Floor and deck paint will peel if you get any oil or gas on it. I would use the stuff used in truck beds like Herculiner or something similar. It will be oil/gas resistant.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Good looks , paint, durability and floor will never go together... Pony up for Rubber Coin flooring and you will have your expectations met. Also you can carpet the walls half way up....

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Use shark grip instead of sand. It's some form of plastic and works really well.

t11ravis likes this.
  12. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

^ rubber coin flooring is classy, and durable. had sanded paint in prior trailer. is "ok" and cheaper.
    Totally agree about carpet 3' or so up the wall.

13. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I have coin flooring but if it wasn't there, I'd only go with epoxy for its high resistance to wear and chimical products.
    You will drop tools and other heavy stuff. You will scuff the floor and when it starts to peel from all that wear, it will flack off...

Plus you can make it look good too, if that is important to you.

My 2 cents.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I used a porch/deck paint with the grit already in it, got it at Lowes. Worked great.

15. 2MM

2MM Well-Known Member

Hot tires will cause floor and porch paint to peel.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  16. StaccatoFan

This trailer is for mostly MiniGP so the tires won’t get all that hot.

17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Simple advice. Exterior latex on the walls, down to the floor. Pittsburgh Paints Revitalize (Menard’s) for the floor and go up the walls a couple inches to seal the wall-floor joint. This will seal the entire interior from moisture and the floor will be impervious to normal gas/oil spills. Revitalize has texture in it and will fill in normal plywood graining to leave you with a nice floor. I scrub the whole interior with dish soap and garden hose and have never had an issue, since 2013. This trailer was used in a lawn/landscape business for 3 of those years and still looks good.

DO NOT use anything made for interior use, as it won’t provide moisture protection and the shrinking in freezing temps can cause issues.

18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

He doesn’t know who he’s messing with. :crackup:

19. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I used some leftover interior in my garage on the walls of my 6x12,It’s fine.
    Floor could use something a bit stronger as now I mostly use it for dirt bikes and the knobbies eat it up.

20. StaccatoFan

Ya DARNED TOOTIN' HE DON'T! <JUST KIDDING, of course>

ChemGuy was just having fun, too...didn't realize that's actually what I have as a tow vehicle I'm guessing.
    LOVE my dually. Overkill for the 7x14, but works very nicely for the 36 foot 5th wheel.

I thank everyone kindly for their input. I may do a combination of things mentioned here. Definitely think the rubber coin flooring is going on
    the ramp door. It's on my toy Hauler's door and I REALLY like it. E-Track on the floor and walls because I like being able to move the anchor points
    around. Two TRS plates for my Grom and Ohvale.

At some point I think it's quite possible I'll have an RV side awning added. LOVE that on my RV.

This is going to be another fun season of MiniGP for us.

tdelegram and t11ravis like this.