1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dunlop Q3+

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, Apr 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Anybody tried them ?
    I just bought a set for my NC30. It's mostly going to be road use for me, with the occasional trackday.
    There was a good deal on them and you get a 50$ mail in rebate from Dunlop.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I have the +'s on my 1000. Just being used on the street as well so I've not really been able to bring them anywhere close to their limit, so with that in mind I have zero complaints about their performance thus far. I've only ever used Q3's on a damp/drying track but they worked decent for that as well (at least compared to DOT's lol).

3. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Q4 is coming soon

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Do tell?

5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

RRW May issue page 75.
    They're gonna be released in May

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ahhh, it's usually a good indication when all the rebates start coming out for the current model of tire that a new one is coming.

7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The Q3+ was just released last year ! It's amazing the rate at which they are pumping out new tires these days. Like Michelin released the Pilot Road 4 two years ago and now the Road 5 is available. Wow.

8. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

The front Road 5 is guuuud...I haven't needed the rear just yet, but I'd imagine same same! Front steers way better than a 4.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't have a subscription to RRW to see it but I see no mention of Dunlop Q4 anywhere on the interwebz must be on the hush hush? lol

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Shame on you.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I run a q3+ front and roadsmart II rear. Reminds me of the old 208 the way it falls onto the side of the tire.

12. duc995

duc995 Yep…

The full page ad in the May RRW is just a teaser.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just left COTA and passed by the Dunlop trailer (the customer one, not the paddock one doing all the work work :D ) and noticed these on display. I asked the rep if these were an EU/JP market only tire and he said they JUST were about to start bringing them to the US market. Apparently they are situated between the Q3+ and RoadSmart 3

Can't find a whole lot of info about them on the interwebz, and they are not yet up on Dunlop's US site. They do come in 200/55 rear which is nice as it seemed to be the OEM size that 1000's have all been switching to.

http://www.cambriantyres.co.uk/dunlop/roadsport-2/
    https://gb.mynetmoto.com/shop.cfm/dunlop/roadsport 2/motorcycle-tyres.html

[​IMG]