1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Ducati Hyperstrada and Panigale R

Discussion in 'General' started by Spooner, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They need more versions of the Panigale. 20 of them (OK fine, 5 I think) aren't enough. *roll-eyes*

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What's the point of the bare aluminum tank? I want to see a middleweight version.

4. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is Ducati becoming more and more like Hd ?
    Think about it , they build 3 or 4 different bikes and everything else is a variation of bodywork and color - not that there's anything wrong with it , just think its kind of funny .

Id still like to have an 1199 btw - :beer:

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The composite tanks expand and balloon out. The aluminum tanks don't have the issue and causes less problems in a racing situation when you pop the tank off the bike then try and fit it back on.

There are a couple of rumors (strictly rumors) that Ducati will revert to the 749 to make the bike globally eligible for Supersport. However I believe the latter rumor of a bump to 849cc with just a base model.

What Ducati is doing now is working for them, and the US remains a very strong market. However the 848 is getting a bit stale as 5 years old, save for the EVO.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They've always had relatively limited models, but that's the same for any small manufacturer really.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I understand why it's aluminum, just not BARE aluminum. Why don't they paint it red?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because people will buy it.

9. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

And it looks cooler.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well duh....so that you know it's aluminum.

[​IMG]

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Triumph is relatively small, yet they have a pretty varied lineup. They're probably much smaller than Ducati even, being privately owned.

12. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I really like the looks of the new Hypermotard 821.

13. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

if acerbis would just make a different material plastic tank the expansion problem wouldnt be a problem, its the type of plastic they use that absorbs water from ethanol fuel

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Absorbs water? My understanding of the process is that the alcohol (ethanol) is hygroscopic (absorbs water from the air) and when it does so, it causes the ethanol and fuel to separate. The ethanol/water mixture is corrosive to the plastic, causing it to swell.

15. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

it absorbs it, the tanks pretty much go back to normal when left open and drained

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

A former track bud of mine has two of the Panigale's, from what I hear he loves them!

A closer friend of mine just joined him for a trackday in the past month, practically had to twist his arm to take it out for a session, he said it was hands down the best bike he's ever thrown a leg over. And trust me, this guy is no Ducati aficionado, was always the R6 fanatic.

Boggles the mind how they can get this bike so right but be an utter failure in the GP's. :confused:

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

But it's absorbing the ethanol, not the water, right?

18. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

So in the second video the blond hottie was just hanging out by herself middle of nowhere... Happens all the time

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Triumph does similar things as Ducati.

The bonneville, t100, scrambler, America, speed master, and thrux ton are all from same platform.

Same for 675 and street triple and tiger 800 engine.

Same for sprint gt, sprint st, tiger 1050, old daytona955i

20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Lol I've got approx 30 Ducati, Aprilia tanks that's say you're wrong:)