1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New ContourHD owners.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Tortuga, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Hey so those of you who got one of those ContourHD camera deali-os, I gots a question; what is the best way that you have found to edit videos? Is there a download or perhaps iMovie?
    Any tips?

2. sowega

sowega #710

I use Adobe Premiere Pro. Sony Vegas 10 is pretty good, but I'm an Adobe guy.

3. 1coopgt

1coopgt Well-Known Member

You can download Story teller from the Contour website .

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Free Microsoft Moviemaker should work well for editing too.

I just watched a cool [short] documentary on the founder of Contour, neat start up business story.

You guys happy with the performance? Does it compare well to the GoPro's?

5. freestyle

freestyle Member

For me Microsoft Moviemaker will not work, have to use Adobe Premiere.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't have a Contour, but I found Windows Movie Maker to be pretty easy to work with. Easy to edit and add effects and you can upload directly into Youtube if you want.

7. sowega

sowega #710

8. foster

foster Well-Known Member

Since you mentioned iMovie I'm assuming you have a Mac? If you do, iMovie 09 and 11 are super easy (and free) to use and have some features I wish Final Cut Pro did.

9. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, got a Mac so we'll be updating our iMovie.

Camera works great, by the way. Went to an ice-racing event yesterday and an actual Moto2 racer was there having fun so I strapped the camera to his bike. Just need to edit it a bit.

10. SloMo510

SloMo510 Still Slow

I think it was Popular Mechanics or Car & Driver that did a comparison on 4 of the sports cameras, they said good things about the contour, but ultimately the GoPro won, contour was second though. GoPro is more versatile IMO, with all the options they have for it, but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The 2 things I really like about the Contour is the GPS capabilities as well as connecting to your phone via bluetooth and running their app to use your phone as a viewfinder to help you position the camera. Alot better and cheaper than buying GoPro's $70 LCD bacpac

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

That's only with the ContourGPS right? Doesn't work with the standard ContourHD does it?

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Correct

But the GPS is about the same price as the GoPro HD I believe. I actually do have the GoPro myself though and am quite happy with it. I think it's more resilient to crashing though which is nice :D

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

FWIW, we gave my son a ContourHD for Christmas, and he was nice enough to let me borrow it at Tally.

The picture quality on that thing is amazing. He's in Moab today mountain biking....can't wait to see the movies from that.

15. sowega

sowega #710

The GoPro is way better when the weather is not perfect (more sophisticated white-balance software) and handles wind noise a lot better than the Contour.

16. Heikes

Heikes Well-Known Member

I used a trial version of VideoPad a couple times. It worked well with the Contours. I now use Sony Vegas Pro 10, but it's not free.

17. 1coopgt

1coopgt Well-Known Member

You guys might like this . From the WSBa couple weeks ago .

http://contour.com/stories/wsbk-philip-island Dragging the Contour on the ground .

18. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I use Vegas pro 11 for my editing. I had Premier pro cs5.5 and just found it never seemed to work right.