1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bridgestones?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryguy, Feb 28, 2011.

1. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

it kinda sounds like a real life example, not just "they" telling us this. either way, i guess that's why i'm gonna test them - not buy a whole truckload haha. I was going to try them anyway, this mini-review just helped me get on board a little bit.

2. P 51 Jockey

P 51 Jockey Well-Known Member

No major setup changes. You may want to raise the front slightly...YMMV.

3. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

What pressure where you running hot in these?

4. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

as in hot off the warmers and hot off the track. cold pressures would be good to know too.

5. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

hot off warmers,

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  6. P 51 Jockey

P 51 Jockey Well-Known Member

I'll have to look at my notes, but I believe 33 front/ 31 rear off the warmers.

Do NOT go lower. Grip doesn't improve and the tire just wants to start squirming.

Cold was 30/29.???? I'm old...my memory is slipping.:cool:

7. Macon663

Wow, thats high. Like Pirelli high. When I ran 003's I was way lower than that.

8. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Stickboy Do you have any input on this?

9. Ripp Racing

Ripp Racing Active Member

That's the exact same as Higbee was running.I thought it sounded high aswell but it obviously works.

10. Cyclemall.Net

Cyclemall.Net Well-Known Member

Higbee's tested them at willow. the tires pressure was 32 hot rear and 34 hot front.

On Curtis bike we droped the tire Pressure to 28 hot and it didnt work at all.the tire pressure need to be around 31-33 rear hot.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  11. Cyclemall.Net

the R10 tires are a great tire. not just price point but they work quit well. everyone that tried them so far has loved them.

12. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

What were his thoughts on them?

13. Macon663

Hot off track or warmers?

14. Cyclemall.Net

He was quite surprised on how good they were. He wasn’t excepting them to be as good as they are. I don’t want to talk for him though on a public forum. But I can say he was impressed with them.

Hopefully we can put something together and go race them a bit. You will see soon some other guys on them that might surprise people 

15. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

any new people who've tried them?

16. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

17. cycleczy

cycleczy Well-Known Member

be on them this weekend at nelson will let ya know running a 08 r1

18. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

Used the rear at Road Atl this weekend. Great grip, good feel and held up well with both Control riding and out having fun. Will get a chance to try the fronts soon at other trackdays, looking forward to it.

Very confident the races later in the season will be great on them! :up:

19. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I wonder why the the front only has one compound and the rear only has 2. I think in the next couple years there won't even be any different compound just one that works for everything.

20. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

With the temps those two compounds are able to cover, doesn't look like they need a 3rd compound type.