1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Bridgestones?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryguy, Feb 28, 2011.

1. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Any updates or testing on the new Stones?

I'd also be interested in something that's a little cheaper than last years 003. Maybe they'll keep last year's tires but for less $$?

2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I've been told that the 003/003pro will still be made and will be offered at a lower price. The new tire will be a little more, but still under $400/set.

Then we will have even more options. Btw, if you haven't tried the pro rears they drive off corners better than the regular 003.

Bring on the new stuff!

3. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I absolutely loved my 003s but had to give up BS because of moral objections. Sucks because these sound fantastic.

4. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

The Pro rears are really good! I took a set out to Auto Club Speedway after the Road A test and went nearly a full second faster with the Pro rear than the Pirelli SCs in a back to back run!

FWIW, the Stones get along really well with the new ZX-10R.

5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

:(

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Still no 160!!???! Damn!! What's wrong with them.

7. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Is this a case where the advantage is with increasing traction on liter bikes, or will lonely 600s will also benefit?

8. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

Any price on the 003pros? I have not seen or heard of them until now.

9. Supercorsa SCO

Supercorsa SCO Well-Known Member

Try the NEW World SS proven and super fast Pirellis

Let's talk about racing and why we do it and the idea at the end of the day is winning right?

So the new Diablo Supercorsa Dots in the new 180/60-17 and 200/55-17 sizes rock the house!

and don't they make a 160/60-17 too.... Yep they sure do!!!!!!

10. Lawn Dart

How to they compare to the Bridgestones price-wise? What contingency do they currently offer for racers on the East coast?

11. NC Jon

NC Jon Can I change my name?

None.

12. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

They make 190 rear that is made for 600s yet?

13. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

The regular 003 190 is made for a 5.5"-6.0" rim.

14. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Can somebody clear this up for me. The 160 003 that we race with on the SV's is really a "highway" use tire if you read the sticker on the tire. Is this correct or are there two different 003's made in the 160 sizes?

15. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Sucks to be the redheaded stepchild sometimes.

16. Lawn Dart

I know. :) Wanted to see the response.

17. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

There is an 003rs which is a street tire and the 003 which is a race tire but not made in the 160 size? So you are correct, I think.

18. NC Jon

NC Jon Can I change my name?

:up: I was betting on no response and didn't want to leave people guessing. :beer:

19. Macon663

Macon663 Well-Known Member

As in you can fit a 190 on a 5.5" inch rim? Or made specifically for it.

When I used 003s they didn't have a 190 made specifically for a 5.5.

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I don't want to start trouble here, so if you would send me the reasons for this in a PM, that would be kewl. I just like to stay informed.

The 003 PRO's came out last year. We've been running them for a while. They are the same price that the 003's were.

No 160. I have been working on that since 2000. We do have possibley the fastest, best wearing slick for the SV going.

My site has pricing info under products. Right now the 003/003PRO's are going for the 5 set pricing. Even if you just get one tire. The 003 R/S's are going for the ten set pricing. Hoping it will help people get out to the track.

We were using the 190 on 600's to help get drive. When the PRO's came out we didn't have to do that anymore. Not all of the compounds were updated to the PRO's, but the 180T3 was and it helped us out a lot.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011