1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New bike purchase, contingency?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tonyp425, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

If I buy a bike with only an MSO brand New am I still able to get cont. Money or does it have to be titled?

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Usually you just need a VIN. I raced my buddies salvage R3 for contingency, and I don't think the title was actually transferred ( you have to pay sales tax and he's cheap).

3. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Physically Buy it out of state so you won't have to pay taxes. But yeah, all you need is the vin to register for contengency. The vin will link it back to you as the owner.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What they said, OEM doesn't care if it's titled.

One thing though - if the MSO is signed over to you then title it and just pay the money. It'll save on any fines if you try to do it later or trying to get another MSO if you lose that one and the dealer is out of business or any number of other issues that would lead to selling the bike with no proof of ownership.

5. joec

joec brace yourself

Wow, that's a really good point.

6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

So, you can get a replacement MSO if yours is lost....if the dealer is still around?

7. BEi Racing

BEi Racing Well-Known Member

Suzuki makes sure the warranty registration is in your name.

roy826ex likes this.
  8. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys

9. Uh oh dude, you just messed up there. People will be coming out of the woodwork to tell you how big of a cheating piece of shit you are for even saying that.

Robby-Bobby and ekraft84 like this.
  10. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

He's only running Superbike now so it can't be cheating. :D

Ride safe,
    AAron

Johnny B, Gorilla George and ekraft84 like this.
  11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Never had issues getting contingency via an MSO.

12. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Buying out of state in MS and then not paying sales taxes on it won't work here. Selling state will report to MS of the purchase and they'll come after their sales tax money which is 7%.

As far as what takes place after the sale it's up to the buyer to whether he titles it or runs with mso. You cannot just title the motorcycle here without purchasing the license tag which is more money.

I don't title them if I plan from the get go I will be racing it. I do pay the state sales tax locally if buy local or at the time of purchase out of state.

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Wont work in GA either.... Used too but no longer...... Bikes, Boats, Trailers ect..... If its new your gonna get taxed...

14. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Fuck!
    Who cares... seems cheating is the way to go since shit isn't regulated like it should be. People cheat and get away with it everyday.

My point was and still is to purchase out of state to bypass fees since 90 % of us racers buy bikes just to race so no need to title them. Let the next person title it in their state and pay all the fees.