1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new bike, new mototote

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Picked up my new /old 675 today from the raceshop. Rode it for 1 minute in a parking lot. 1 hour after I put together a mototote. Scary thought with my wrenching ability. Seemed well built but has a shift from right to left loading the bike on. Not from the trailer hitch bolt.

Actually where it connects. Put the bike on. And starred at it for 5 minutes waiting for it to fall off the back of my truck. The tie downs and design of the ramp don't concern me. Its the little bolt, and the arm (that looked to bend down with the bike loaded) and trailer hitch. Drove around in a parking lot waiting for it to fall of my truck. Crept out on to the road waiting for it to fall off. Cars would drive close behind me and all I could picture is the triumph breaking off and causing a bad wreck behind me.

It seems like a legit product. Mainly bought it because i'm not here for long and don't know to many racers anymore. Seen guys on youtube load it and unload it solo pretty easy. But, I think I'm going to try and make jennings this weekend. Its a 7 hour drive of looking in my rearview mirror every 2 seconds and biting my nails!

Is it normal for it to shift while loading and unloading? Seems like the 2 bolts at the end offer to much play back and forth?

2. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

What the hell, with wifi and radar what it is, you should have researched what you were buying a little better.

You got what you deserve.

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

They do rock back and forth a bit. I have thousands of miles on my mototote and never had an issue.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

In the islands they would wrap a couple palm fronds around it and make do. You spoiled types just want to complain.

badmoon692008, scottn and YamRZ350 like this.
  5. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Well done, sir!

6. Captain Morgan

I said sorry, who holds a grudge on here to people they never meet and probably never will for more than 2 days? Except maybe JO7 and robby bobby! Guess I'll tie the bike to the truck. That way if it beaks off at least I'll be dragging it down the highway.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Captain Morgan

Also, never wish bad things to anyone. I just have a VERY strong opinion of the shitshow that calls themselves the US media/ news

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

AWE...

SOME!!!

9. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

I doubt anybody's holding a grudge. But those kinds of posts will always get you in trouble.

10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Moto Tote is awesome. No worries. It shouldn't wobble, though. Where is it rocking? That 7/16" bolt will keep it from going anywhere, just pay attention when you fasten it. When empty it will rattle, but when loaded it should be reasonably stable. Of course, I'm just hauling a dirt bike with mine these days, but we went from Seattle to Laguna one year with a CBR600 Hurricane and had zero issues.

You'll be fine.

11. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I have the lighter-duty Mototote for dirt bikes and love it! Yes, things flex around a bit but it's not going anywhere.

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

A Real Moto tote is great.... Beware of the imitations... I used one from Atlanta to Road America.... No issues at all.....

13. I always throw a couple extra tie down to either roof rack or spare tire on Jeep depending on what I put it on. I know it's not going anywhere but still always freaks me out. Plus it's a bit less load on the hitch. It's

14. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I had a moto tote and have a versa hauler now. Both are great and I have over 50K miles on them with a bike on the back. After a few trips you will get use to the bike being back there. I agree at first its a little nerve racking.