1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 007

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Odds on favorite is now Tom Hardy. Happy. Daniel Craig has been whinging about the role for so long now it's too lateish for Idris Elba. Who else we like?

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm a Tom Hardy fan in general, so I approve this message.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

He's a chameleon. In Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, in Peaky Blinders. On the one hand I'm surprised he would sign up for a franchise like this, on the other hand I am totally geeked out and can't wait to see what he does with the role.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I liked him in warrior and I caught part of venom and he made that turd tolerable.
    Only thing that’ll suck with him as bond is no more him as the road warrior.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I think Tom is a great actor. I think he'd be a horrible Bond. He's too short and stocky. I just did some checking and he'd be the shortest actor to play the part.

Oh, and I had no idea Connery was 6'2"

Scotty87 likes this.
  6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Signal rule: suggest an alternative. What do we think about Christian Bale?

I am heavily biased. Must be male, must be British.

rd400racer likes this.
  7. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

I like tom hiddleston

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Scott Eastwood? Clint's son.

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Me too. Followed him from way, way back. He would bring that urbane tilt back to the role. But? I haven't seen absolute ruthlessness in him, which is an intrinsic part of the role. @fastfreddie thinks I like Thor, nope, I like Loki...but that role is a mercurial portrayal. I definitely would not cry if Tom Hiddleston got back into the conversation.

10. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

His hank Williams was pretty good

11. rd400racer

Hiddleston is too effeminate.

Scotty87 likes this.
  12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Still no alternative put forth. This is your second warning. :p

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Hardy is a terrific actor for this very reason. Watch "Legend" based on the story of the Kray twins in 1960's London and then watch "Locke", hard to realise it's the same bloke playing the roles.

As for who could be the new Bond, if it's a male Hiddleston could do a good job.

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It really was, big fan of his. I don't know how Hollyweird works, but I think that maybe his weird whatever that was with Taylor Swift scuppered his chances at 007.

15. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Sean Connery was the pinnacle. Hands down. Sorry, I like the older ones. The new movies are too preposterous for me.

KneeDragger_c69, RichB and rd400racer like this.
  16. rd400racer

Fair enough :

First...Michael Fassbender

Second...Luke Evans

Longshot.. Cillian Murphy

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes, yes and yes. Thank you! Hmmm, maybe we should start a pool, lol.

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I don't think height matters that much as long as the actor can bring a commensurate level of physical presence, and also convey ruthlessness and charm. One of the coolest things about the Bond franchise is the way that every actor reinvents it to fit his own style and the contemporary cultural milieu. Which explains the series' longevity.

19. They have ways to work around that. Go check out how short Tom Cruise and Wesley Snipes are. But they have both played “larger than life” type of roles.

That was the biggest concern about Cruise being Jack Reacher. But he pulled it off.

BigBird likes this.
  20. rd400racer

I agree with both of you and the Jack Reacher role was on my mind when I made my initial comment. There's just something about Hardy that doesn't work for me, but I think he'd make a fantastic Bond villain.