1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix. What to watch?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Mar 30, 2017.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

We are 90% on Acorn TV or BritBox, because they know how to write a series. Many of them are limited, 1 season of just 6 to 10 shows and then that is it, story wrapped up. No flogging a dying horse to try and get a few more seasons. Line of Duty, top notch for the most part, but one theme gets tiring, how each one of the team is set up at some point.......The Bay, great. Blue Murder, great. Shetland, great with awesome scenery. Hinterland is uber dark, but also compelling. If you like Clarkson's Farm, My Dream Farm is really good. Seasons 1, 3-5 of This Farming Life are also good. Scott & Bailey, worth the watch. Just so many murder mystery shows that are just that one notch better than what American productions crank out.

I just find 95% of Amazon and Netflix stuff is grade C content that would never make it anywhere else, but they need content to fill up their channels to make it look good.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Haven't watched it but from what I've heard this is something that should be seen before they cancel it. Apparently they did all sorts of name dropping with regards to all the sinister shit that's been happening to this poor girl.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81177110

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes on BritBox. Is Acorn worth it? What do you like there? Gah another subscription, lol.

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Superb show. If you liked that try "Unforgotten" which is very disturbing in places.

5. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Yes thats correct. Was worth watching. New season coming in April 2022.

younglion likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

I love Brit stuff, but Netflix does have better than C grade stuff. They did all right in the awards department, and they spend tons on content. I wouldn't just gloss them over.

7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Mare of Easttown on HBO.

Robin172 likes this.
  8. DrA5

Watched that, and "Happy Valley", which is a misnomer. Bleak, disturbing, but good. Little Boy Blue, also very good. We went through the lists last night on both BritBox and Acorn and realized we have seen most of the good stuff, and started a series called Bloodlands, about old IRA players coming back into the news.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Boss got into that on the last few flights and really likes it, I have to get caught up to where she is so we can watch at the house.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Untold: a Deal with the Devil

11. Robin172

Very much so.

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Enjoyed the first two seasons. As usual it went down in three. Not sure if there is a fourth.

13. Robin172

I've only seen the first two.

14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Anyone watched the documentary on Schumacher? I thought it was really good and went into a lot of his past and the last 10 minutes is 2013 on. Current interviews and thoughts from his son and wife. "If you have the means, I highly recommend.."

15. DrA5

We got Acorn because Line of Duty had I think Season 4 on it, versus the rest of the series being on BritBox. It's ok, and yeah, another streaming fee. Our plan is to go through it, and then drop it and pick it up again a year or so later, because right now, it doesn't have a ton of stuff on that is too varied. A majority of the content is murder mystery/Police procedural shows, with the other stuff of what Brits love.....garden shows, Farming shows, game shows and Piers Morgan's morning show.

Yzasserina likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They need more Time Team episodes.

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Happy Valley.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

I left my review before. They could have cut 45 minutes from it and it wouldn't have changed it. They focused so much on the losing, and goes to show how much the car matters, no matter the driver.

younglion likes this.
  19. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I watched it last week after a member here mentioned it being "ok".

I thought it was boring, way too long, and full of way too many drawn out sequences. Whoever made it seemed more focused on making it fit the time frame (90-120 minutes or whatever) than packing it full of unseen, interesting, or controversial content. Snoozefest basically.

BigBird likes this.
  20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Well....fuck you both too! :moon::moon::moon::moon::moon:

I guess, upon recollection...it was long. I watched it over a few nights, so it didn't feel that long. But the rest of it....whatever....I thought it was good.

younglion likes this.