1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix. What to watch?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Anyone watch The Order? Jake Gagne looks just like the golem in season 1. I'm not telling anyone they'll like the show, but I was cracking up at the likeness.

Bloodhound likes this.
  2. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

The last kingdom. Story maybe not brilliant bit acting and scenery and all that is cool.

The repair shop. People fix old crap. Very satisfying.

KrooklynSV likes this.
  3. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I dug it myself but felt the typical beeb consult may feel it "too young"...

4. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Without searching 77 pages (Johnny...warm it up) I found Penny Dreadful very good. Season 3 seems to be the end but at least they did their best to do it justice story-wise.

5. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Cocaine Island was awesome!

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

I thought it was ok for a once only movie.

Watching Wrong Missy... Not terrible either.. I'm also bored in general, so doesn't take much

~sent from Earth Station

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Watched a movie called "Locke" on Netflix the other night. It only has one character in it played by Tom Hardy and it all takes place in his car as he drives on a motorway in the UK with all the dialogue involving phone calls he makes on the way. It might sound boring but it was far from it and Hardy was excellent in it.

Yzasserina likes this.
  8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

So basically a British Bob Newhart in a car?....

9. Robin172

Hardly.

10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It was his idea, he had never heard of it until relatively recently, and said someone ought to make a movie about it. It was totally absurd, I really liked it!

11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

We watched “The Old Guard” movie, liked it, not a masterpiece up we liked it, looks like a sequel is already planned.

Just started watching the series “Queen of the South” I like catching these late in the game so we can binge seasons at a time.

KrooklynSV likes this.
  12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I was really disappointed. Laughable dialogue, terrible acting, transparent plot - nowhere close to what Charlize has been used to being a part of the last 10 years.

13. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

My wife loves both those series..m

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Started Ray Donovan, seems pretty interesting thus far.

15. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Did a search on Netflix last night for this, couldn't find it. Was it Netflix, Amazon Prime, or other?

16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Feel like this was a movie that suffered from a Netflix budget.

I liked the concept, but some of the execution was a bit klunky and the plot was awfully predictable......but overall a worthwhile watch for an evening.

stk0308 likes this.
  17. Robin172

It was on Netflix it looks like it's not there anymore. It's not showing up on my watch again list. Bit of a bummer as it was a pretty decent film.

Netflix do take stuff off and then add it again later. I've had movies on my watchlist disappear then a year or so later reappear.

DrA5 likes this.
  18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Trailer for new Jamie Foxx Netflix movie "Project Power" dropped today and looks pretty good........comes out next month.

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

My feelings as well, after seeing it yesterday. I thought it was fun. Sometime ya just gotta enjoy a fight scene, or 2. They can't all have "meaning" or "say something relevant".

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Aw...

The show isn't perfect (shitload of mumbling) but it has some very good character actors in it.

The late forties/early fifties skinhead character playing the cop's grandmother and then a russian mob kingpin was epic... [Hat's off emoticon]