1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix. What to watch?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Mar 30, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Shelby American

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

3. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I'm 4-5 episodes into "Messiah" - decent show and worth a look for sure if you're a fan of shows like Homeland like I am.

4. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Well, I tried watching new series The Witcher on Netflix. I really liked The Witcher III videogame. I stopped after an episode and a half. Storyline was okay for a game but is kinda weak sauce for a tv show. Cinematography is beautiful in 4k though. But the chicks in the game were hotter lol

6. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

You can try watching Doom: Annihilation on Netflix then... I made it through it but I had the help of several vodka tonics.

7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

So, despite my reservation I trudged through the entire season.

I'm out.

I just don't see how anybody could see that attempt as anything but garbage. The show is a mess. I thought it MIGHT have been getting decent in episode 3 (and to a lesser extent, 4) when some of the timelines start to make sense, but this show just can't seem to find a decent footing.

8. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Agreed the timelines are a complete shit-show. If they would have made an attempt to make some of the characters look a bit older/younger, so you could sort out where in the overall timeline they were that might have made it a little bit better.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I sat through the first episode of the Witcher a little while ago. Seems rather shabbily cobbled together. Mehh, I'll watch a few more if I'm bored enough.

On the other hand I've literally watched this 3 times now and still keep laughing at it :D

https://www.netflix.com/title/81070659

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm on season 4 binge watching Sopranos on Amazon Prime. Most lists say its the #1 television show evarrrr..... I just don't get it. Its really not that great IMHO. Maybe back in 1999 it was a big deal? Entertaining sure, but not amazeballs.

K51000 likes this.
  11. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Amazon Prime, James May Our Man in Japan was pretty decent IMO.

12. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I guess I'm the only one that made it through The Witcher. I liked it. It won't win any awards, and takes some time to get rolling, but I thought it was entertaining. The writing was just okay, and the effects were inconsistent, but the action was pretty good. I also "mostly" liked GoT season 8. :D

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hahahaha, I completely agree. Watched the entire thing and it was okay.

My two favorite binges are Breaking Bad and Mad Men.

14. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Witcher once I figured out the timelines. If you can stand subtitles, I am enjoying Thieves of the Wood.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool movie.

R Acree likes this.
  16. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I finished it too. The season finale was dumb and felt rushed. The grandiose wizard siege was meh.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In my life I have only sought out 3 or 4 autographs. Shelby is one.

18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I'm a fan of the game and books, so I really enjoyed the show. I do agree that the jumping timeline aspect must be very confusing for people who don't understand the background. They can't age people because the characters in the show do not age over the timeline, or do very very slowly.

The show covers the first two books which are both collections of short stories, which is part of the reason for the timeline issues. I'm assuming moving forward they will be on the single current timeline which will help a lot.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Evelyne really liked it but I think it helped that I have played the game and read the books so I could help her keep track of what was going on.

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Co-worker and I just had that conversation, both of our wives liked it but mainly because we could explain things to them. That isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for the overall storytelling of the show. It sounds like it's done well for Netflix and season 2 is already confirmed so I'm hoping season 2 is better and it grows into a successful show.