1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix. What to watch?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Mar 30, 2017.

1. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

"The 2 Popes" was a good watch even for someone like myself who isn't religious or political.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, as much as I kept thinking that the dialogues were total fiction (I mean, no one was there with them to be able to tell the story to the writers), it gave a good general sense of how the transition probably happened and the two actors were great even if doing it in English lacked authenticity.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’ll have to give it a watch then. I didn’t bother for the exact reasons you stated.

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Guess no one is watching "The Witcher"? Seems many folks have completely opposite responses to it. I found it OK. There's some annoying(and unnecessary) lens flare that just went on, and on, for no fucking reason. And they jump timeline, multiple times, with no real notice. So there's some "WTF am I watching here?" until it plays out a bit longer. Other than that, it was OK. I'd watch a 2nd season to see 'what next?'.

younglion likes this.
  5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I'm two episodes in and am entirely unimpressed.........I might give it a couple more chances but if it doesn't get REALLY good really fast I'm out.

It doesn't help that Henry Cavill is just a dogshit actor and the dialogue in this is just all over the map tonally. So far the story makes NO sense, and never really had that "hook you" moment in the first two episodes that draws you into what might be happening.

6. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Watched "Don't F*&^ with Cats" last night right after I finished Mindhunter.
    Man............

CRA_Fizzer and BC like this.
  7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

The Witcher suffers from modern big budget produced for a streaming service syndrome, aka no effort to make any character or plot interesting at the start.

8. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

I ended up really liking the Witcher but 'The Witcher 3' is my favorite video game of all time so I'm probably biased. I would agree it starts pretty slowly but I think they really messed up by not explaining what the hell is going on. They must really be leaning on the audience to have at least played a game or read one of the books. (moderate spoiler) I think they did a great job running multiple timelines at one time.

The sword fighting scenes are fantastic though, it's almost worth watching just for those.

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Mind hunter was very well done.

10. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Watched Shot Caller last night.

What a pile of dog shit that was.

Sabre699, Senna and BC like this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Started watching 6 Underground last night before I got distracted with something but holy crap that is a graphic start to a movie. And I thought the final scene in the 2008 Rambo movie was bad when he was chopping down people with that 50 cal turret.

12. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Watched Kenny Roberts, Profile of a Legend last night on Prime. Pretty kickass movie with lots of great footage.

Bloodhound and cav115 like this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Thanks for the heads up, didn't know about it. Might watch it tonight.

14. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

And it was a total crap start to a movie too. One moment the guy driving had a cap on, the next shot he didn't then he had the cap on again; one moment the car was smashed up on both sides then it wasn't then it was again. I know that these movies aren't supposed to be true to life but they should have got that right, I spent the rest of the time looking for the next big cock up.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I didn't think it could be any more obvious that they VERY CLEARY were not in Vegas during the scene when they were supposed to be in Vegas. They were in friggin Abu Dhabi for crying out loud at the Yas Marina Circuit no less.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  16. r1madman

r1madman Well-Known Member

Meh...it’s had its ups and downs. Enough ups for me to catch the 2nd season. Good to see the Internet meme heads have wasted no time tho :)

Attached Files:

stk0308 likes this.
  17. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Just watched Don't Fuck with cats. Holy shit, that guy is certifiable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

18. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Just finished watching it. Maaan....it was kinda nuts when they were showing hunting down the gas station from the guys photos. My moms condo building is behind the building he lived at.

But....as much as I’d like to applaud the internet nerds, they didn’t actually do anything to catch the guy. He self incriminated himself right off the bat.

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

6Underground was good brainless fun. And it reminded me how much I love to just look at Melanie Laurent. Le sigh.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I agree with "brainless." Gawd, that was bad! :D