1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix. What to watch?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Mar 30, 2017.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Has anybody watched the "made for Netflix" movie War Machine with Brad Pitt?

Any good?

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Fuck no. It started off slow as shit then grabbed a big ol fistful of brake at about 0:30... I finally gave up & turned it off maybe 1 hour in when abso-fuckin-lutely nothing had happened yet. There were a couple of chuckly moments... but they were ALL covered in the previews.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Good to know, thx.

I did watch The Accountant on HBO last night...........surprisingly good flick.

4. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Lighter Stuff:

The new Mystery Science Theater 3000
    The Motorbike Show

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Not a bad movie, some interesting views on war, but dear Lord does Brad Pitt suck. He's been playing the same character since 12 Monkeys. At first, it was kinda funny. Now it reeks.

6. auminer

So they actually went somewhere with it, then? The missus has her weekly night at her mom's house tonight... maybe I'll grab a 6 pack & try again to muddle through it.

Or maybe I'll just putz around in the garage instead.

7. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

You are correct. It is HBO. I get it all through my Fire Stick so it gets jumbled together.

War Machine is not a war movie, so if you want battle scenes you will be disappointed. It is a movie very loosely based on a book, 'The Operators,' by Micheal Hastings. the same guy that wrote the Rolling Stone article about General Stanley McChrystal and the war in Afghanistan. The movie okay, it is centered around the events chronicled in that article. It motivated me to get the book. The book is great.

8. auminer

The Accountant WAS a good flick, and was even better the second time when you know the spoilers, and you can watch the characters when they figure out the main end-of-the-movie plot twist.

When Jon Lithgow says, "I could see it in his eyes, the FREAK wasn't going to let it go." , and John Bernthal gets that funny look... :eek:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  9. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I can't believe that no one has mentioned "Hell on Wheels". I know it's on Netflix, but not sure about the others.

Post Civil War. Confederate soldier sets out to find the mob that murdered his family. He winds up helping build the transcontinental railroad.

It was originally on AMC. 5 seasons long. Some seasons are better than others, but overall it's great!

Dits likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Blazing Saddles - saw it on the list of stuff this morning when we got home :D

SteveThompson and shakazulu12 like this.
  11. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

You can thank Richard Pryor for Mongo. He developed that character. And was the primary writer for the rest of the movie, and lobbied hard to get the sheriff's role. But, they thought that Richard was a bigger liability at that point in time, so they went with a more acceptable/likable actor with Cleavon Little. Apparently, Richard was mighty pissed about that.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought Richard had something else to shoot and couldn't do it more than they didn't want him but it's been a while since I've read the history of it all.

13. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

What the heck how did I miss this? In! I tell you since the demise of Grantland and Andy Greenwald reporting on shows I have been flailing... sure you listen to podcasts here and there...not the same...

15. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Hell on Wheels was awesome.

16. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Andy is right here. ;)

Yzasserina likes this.
  17. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Yea, The Ringer is like 80% Grantland refugees.

18. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Is "Snakes on a Plane" and "Sharknado" on Netflix yet?

19. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

The Man Who Changed the World. Documentary on David Bowie.

20. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

Command and Control. If you like nukes, the Cold War, and military disasters.

auminer likes this.